• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I picked up another HP mold and this one should prove to be a nice addition. It's a NOE 358-155 mold. This is my first NOE mold and it's looks to be of high quality. I really like the way the pins tilt outwards to release and drop the bullets.

It will cast .358 diameter bullets and they will weight at 155gr for solid and 147gr hollow point in 9mm sized to .357

I'll post a few pics once I get some casted and powder coated.

NOE358155_Mold%20Custom2_zpsgopfuhrk.jpg

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    I picked up another HP mold and this one should prove to be a nice addition. It's a NOE 358-155 mold. This is my first NOE mold and it's looks to be of high quality. I really like the way the pins tilt outwards to release and drop the bullets.

It will cast .358 diameter bullets and they will weight at 155gr for solid and 147gr hollow point in 9mm sized to .357

I'll post a few pics once I get some casted and powder coated.

NOE358155_Mold%20Custom2_zpsgopfuhrk.jpg

That mold is sweet looking...should make some nice rounds!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    That looks like a MiHec. I sent payment for one of those today. The .359 at 125 grain with all the pins. I've had the .452 at 200 grain HP with the penta and round pins for a few years. It was the first one he made with the penta pins.

Have you tried any gel testing with the different size pins? That large pin leaves a HUGE cavity and I was wondering how penetration and expansion was affected.

I haven't tried a NOE mold yet but I'll probably have to get one of those as well. All the 9mms in the house shoot the 124 grains to poa except my M&P 9 Pro. I have the correct height Ameriglo night sights on it and it still shoots those a little low at 20+ yards. The 147 grain ammo is dead on. That's fine with me since my carry ammo for it is the 147 HST. I've just been ordering the xtreme 147 HP plated until I found a good mold. I'll wait until my MiHec gets here and see how it does with that before I shell out $100+ for another mold though.

straight-shooter. That's an awesome looking mold. I'm looking forward to seeing the results. The pins that tip out sound much easier to work with than the Kramer pins, although the Kramers are much better than the single cavity pin on a handle.

Here is one I have been working with!

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    That brass one sure looks like one of Mihecs to me. He makes some beautiful molds. I have one of his four cavity 140 grain .357 rounded profile with large, small and penta pins. It is a piece of art, have not had the chance to cast with it yet. I also have a 158 grain SWC hollowpoint NOE that I have cast with. It is a gas check design so I cast pretty soft lead in it and with a good lube and the gas check, push them pretty hard. With softer lead, they mushroom nicely and I should be able to duplicate the Buffalo bore .38 spl loads with them. Cast them solid out of harder lead and they are deadly strong out of my lever action rifle.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    That brass one sure looks like one of Mihecs to me. He makes some beautiful molds. I have one of his four cavity 140 grain .357 rounded profile with large, small and penta pins. It is a piece of art, have not had the chance to cast with it yet. I also have a 158 grain SWC hollowpoint NOE that I have cast with. It is a gas check design so I cast pretty soft lead in it and with a good lube and the gas check, push them pretty hard. With softer lead, they mushroom nicely and I should be able to duplicate the Buffalo bore .38 spl loads with them. Cast them solid out of harder lead and they are deadly strong out of my lever action rifle.

I'm going to have to ask about getting some of those large pins for my .452. I got it back in June of 2009 and there was no such animal then. It's faster than the single cavity devastator mold but is still only a 2 cavity. I looked on youtube for some videos of the NOE HP mold so I could see how those pins tilt out but didn't find any of it actually being used. There were a few of the MP molds. I like the looks of those NOE molds and I'm sure I'll end up with a few of those as well. Probably a gas checked 158 HP and the heavy .356 that started this thread. Since my handgun calibers are only 32 acp, 9mm, 38 special, 357 magnum and 45 acp then it won't take long or be super expensive to cast for everything I own. At some point I'd like to try to cast for our ARs and probably the SKS.

Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    Straight Shooter would love to see the finished product. I may be very interested in purchasing one of these moulds. A short video of the actual pouring process to see how the tip out pins work would be great.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I'll see what I can do about making a short video. My work schedule with 13 hours days has been detouring me from getting some made. I'm off this Sunday so hopefully in between getting the yard mowed I'll get some done as I'm itching to do so.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I wasn't able to make a short video on this casting session since the wife was away and I didn't have anyone to hold the camera. I can say, this particular NOE mold casts like butter once the pins were hot. it was dropping bullets out without any assistance.

Next step will be the powder coat but for now here is the naked 9mm bullets.

Bullet%20Custom_zpsww0yq2a1.jpg

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Those look very nice. I'm assuming the cavity is at least deep enough to extend to the shoulder correct? What did they end up weighing?

I wasn't able to make a short video on this casting session since the wife was away and I didn't have anyone to hold the camera. I can say, this particular NOE mold casts like butter once the pins were hot. it was dropping bullets out without any assistance.

Next step will be the powder coat but for now here is the naked 9mm bullets.

Bullet%20Custom_zpsww0yq2a1.jpg

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Thank you, the cavity does extend to the shoulder or maybe just short of it but darn close for sure. They weigh 150gr before powder coat.

Sounds good, thanks. I'll ask them if you get the commission when I order one of those this week. I've got a MP mold, 4 cavity, 124gn HP on order. Who knows when it will show up. He said they were ready to ship a couple weeks ago. SWMBO's M&P likes the 125gn where my M&P Pro likes the 147gn pills.

I missed the group buy on these. I'll have to pay more attention and see if I can catch something similar in 45.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Did you shake & bake or use a powder coating gun. They look great!

I used a powder coating gun. I set the bullets on a tray with non stick aluminum foil. Spray the bullets then place the bullets with a pair of needle nose pliers onto another tray then bake. The reason for moving them to a clean tray is I can recover the powder left on the 1st tray and also I get no flashing on the base of the bullets when they bake.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'm not a reloader, but what is the purpose of powder coating? Those look nice BTW.

The powder coating takes the place of traditional lube. Shake & bake then run through a lee size die. They come out sized, slick and smooth. The PC is a tough coating. If applied correctly (hard to screw it up) then you can smash that bullet flat with a hammer and the coating is still intact. It's dirt cheap as well.

Top Bottom