• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Been seeing quite a few posts on Facebook about this. Apparently people are finding some disturbing flaws in WWB 9mm ammo bought at WalMart. Anyone else run into this?

s0AIxxV.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I had some Blazer brass that the bullets were seated incorrectly. WWB is dirty but always seems to work. TulAmmo is very dirty and underpowered. Overall the cheap factory ammo quality control seems to be going down.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Been seeing quite a few posts on Facebook about this. Apparently people are finding some disturbing flaws in WWB 9mm ammo bought at WalMart. Anyone else run into this?

s0AIxxV.jpg

I think it's bs
    I don't believe that it left the factory looking like that. If it went through the loading machinery the bullets would have been pushed back until they had the OAL of the other loaded rounds. Plus I don't think it would have fit in the box as long as they are.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I think it's bs
    I don't believe that it left the factory looking like that. If it went through the loading machinery the bullets would have been pushed back until they had the OAL of the other loaded rounds. Plus I don't think it would have fit in the box as long as they are.

If it was just one random post on Facebook from the same guy, I might tend to agree. However, it's been several different people, on a couple different pages..

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I think it's bs

They are loose in the WWB 100 pack. I saw something very similar to those a couple of years ago with some WWB I bought during the Panic.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    I bought quite a few boxes at Walmart during the shortage. The only issue I have had so far(and my wife and I have shot lots of these boxes of wwb) is this. One box contained just an empty cartridge. No bullet, no powder, just the cartridge. This was one out of a box of a hundred.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    They are loose in the WWB 100 pack. I saw something very similar to those a couple of years ago with some WWB I bought during the Panic.

OK... I'll buy the bulk pack... But why aren't both bullets the same length overall. They should be the same overall length as the other white box shells. When those bullets are seated that press does not care if the bullets are crushing the case, it would just crush it until it hit the bottom of the press stroke.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Probably the same reason I have found cartridges of different overall length in the same box. Bullets seated much to deep. I have also gotten some undercharged rounds as well. Not squibs but wouldn't cycle the gun.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    What is this Winchester White Box of which you speak?
    Oh, you must be talking about this strange factory ammo thing.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Winchester should be completely ashamed of themselves for the lame excuse they call ammo. Case's aren't to SAMMI spec, lots of undercharged rounds, dirty as can be. Like shooting coal soot.

If you have problems with a gun and you are shooting anything with Winchesters name on it, it's most likely not the gun partner.

During IDPA shoots, I've seen all sorts of guns have stoppage issues, guess what, most caused by Winchester ammo or Winchester reloaded case.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Admittedly, I don't shoot much centerfire factory ammo these days, but all of the Winchester factory loads, be they shotgun or centerfire, well up in the hundreds of rounds, have fired 100% of the time.
    More importantly, I've shout several times that many Winchester rimfire loads (my .22 does its best with Winchester Wildcat), and even all of that fired 100% of the time.

Top Bottom