billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Sitting for me...

@ 60+ years old, for me, standing is out of the picture..

on the other hand, I have been A "sitting reloader" for 40+ years..HA HA..Lazy I guess..Bill.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Sitting when reloading with my single stage and standing at the progressive. Mainly because the single stage is bolted directly to the bench and single stage work is usually more time consuming. My Dillon progressive is mounted on a raised press mount and I can usually crank out rounds faster so standing is what I do.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    If I sit on a five gallon bucket it puts my eyes level with my beam scale. And I'm lazy.

On a beam scale, I set a web cam on a box of bullets facing the scale. I run the cam to my computer, and watch my computer while trickling. When you move your head the readout on a beam scale looks just a touch different. The web cam doesn't move, so it fixes that problem for the price of a 10 dollar camera.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I'm fat and lazy, but you can't get as much mechanical leverage when seated...so I stand up while reloading.

I do have a stool that I will use when I'm not resizing cases.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    [Strike]If it's the middle of the night, I usually sit. During the day, it's done standing.[/STRIKE]

EDIT: I just realized this is about reloading. Nevermind.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    On a beam scale, I set a web cam on a box of bullets facing the scale. I run the cam to my computer, and watch my computer while trickling. When you move your head the readout on a beam scale looks just a touch different. The web cam doesn't move, so it fixes that problem for the price of a 10 dollar camera.

'Merica

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I sit, but it's more of a lean, on a step ladder. It allows me to operate the arm and look into the casings after powder is released, when necessary.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    [Strike]If it's the middle of the night, I usually sit. During the day, it's done standing.[/Strike]

EDIT: I just realized this is about reloading. Nevermind.

:laugh:

I stand. There is a stool right there, as best as I can figure though I put it there just to be in my way. Almost never sit.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I built my best bench quite a bit higher than a normal bench and sit on a tall stool that almost standing height. I have the benefit of the rest position of seating with the quick easy mobility of standing. I like it.

Top Bottom