• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I don't know why not.. Plenty of shooters use cast bullets in Blackout.
    Most guys I know that load Blackout use heavy cast bullets. Around 200 + grain.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I am new to the 300 BO, but these might be worth a try. The manufacturer recommends keeping velocities below 1500 fps, so this may not be enough to cycle the action of a semi-auto, but only one way to find out. I would recommend not buying in bulk until you know they work. Less than $.10/bullet would make for some inexpensive plinking ammo.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I wouldn't think round nose projectiles would feed well into a semi auto. I have always heard that rounds such as those made for a 30-30 are useless for such a thing. It makes sense, but I've never tried it either.

Anyone checked out Palmetto Projectiles? They are pretty cheap subsonic projectiles. They are lead covered with polymer. I ordered some but I haven't had a chance to load any up yet, however I am sure I will within the next week. I do not however have my suppressor out of NFA jail and that's really the only thing I am worried about. I don't want to leave any polymer or anything behind in it.

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    M67 are you running the lead bullets through a can though? I don't want to run anything that's not at least plated through mine.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    M67 are you running the lead bullets through a can though? I don't want to run anything that's not at least plated through mine.

I'll be running them through my Saker, so yes.

I talked to the owner of the company or main tester for the bullet, I forget which. Bill if I remember right.

At any rate, he said they've experienced 0 leading issues, they designed the bullet for cheap subsonic suppressed 300 blackout shooting

I ordered 250 to try, and a friend ordered 500 of them. We'll both be shooting through a suppressor and a 8.5" barrel

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I wouldn't think round nose projectiles would feed well into a semi auto. I have always heard that rounds such as those made for a 30-30 are useless for such a thing. It makes sense, but I've never tried it either.

Anyone checked out Palmetto Projectiles? They are pretty cheap subsonic projectiles. They are lead covered with polymer. I ordered some but I haven't had a chance to load any up yet, however I am sure I will within the next week. I do not however have my suppressor out of NFA jail and that's really the only thing I am worried about. I don't want to leave any polymer or anything behind in it.

Psssssst... These bullets the OP is asking about are made for a 30 carbine, its a auto loader.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

My first 300 blk subsonic loads were old Hornady 180gr round noses, I've had them for a while collecting dust so figured I'd try them.

The bullets fed perfectly, were subsonic, and stabilized once I played with the powder charge a bit.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Most folks run 147gr FMJ bullets that are either M80 ball pull downs or an equivalent clone. The bullet cannelure is in the right spot for aligning with the case mouth to get proper OAL.

I'm sure the 110gr bullets referenced will work with a little tinkering. I use a 110gr Vmax for hunting and those push well over 2000fps.

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    I experimented a little further and tried using some 90grain Hornady XTP, swaged to the correct diameter. I was hoping to get a good expanding bullet at subsonic speeds.
    What I discovered is you need a long pointed bullet. The shorter rounder bullets are not be able to ride the feed ramp properly.
    My next experiment will be to remove the polymer tip from the Barnes Vortex bullets and see if they'll feed.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Tried 10 rounds of the 245gr Missouri Bullet today, 10.5gr of IMR4198. Everything functioned perfectly, didn't keyhole, bolt locked back on the last round, etc. These bullets have potential for cheap plinkers. Planning on trying 5744 tomorrow

TNLongShot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    Charlestown
    Tried 10 rounds of the 245gr Missouri Bullet today, 10.5gr of IMR4198. Everything functioned perfectly, didn't keyhole, bolt locked back on the last round, etc. These bullets have potential for cheap plinkers. Planning on trying 5744 tomorrow

Apologies for dragging up an old post, but I wanted to demonstrate my ability to use the board search function ;)

I've been loading for my 300blk bolt gun while I wait on my SBR stamp and can. I've been using a 208gr Amax for my subsonic round, but would like to find something cheaper for the gas gun. Are you still seeing good performance from the Missouri Bullets? So far the two powders I've used in my loads are Lil' Gun and Unique, I think I preferred LG. Currently I'm trying to get registered over at 300blktalk with no luck, so I'm glad I found this post.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Apologies for dragging up an old post, but I wanted to demonstrate my ability to use the board search function ;)

I've been loading for my 300blk bolt gun while I wait on my SBR stamp and can. I've been using a 208gr Amax for my subsonic round, but would like to find something cheaper for the gas gun. Are you still seeing good performance from the Missouri Bullets? So far the two powders I've used in my loads are Lil' Gun and Unique, I think I preferred LG. Currently I'm trying to get registered over at 300blktalk with no luck, so I'm glad I found this post.

I shot 500 of them....and won't be buying any more.

They claim they won't lead a suppressor, all my loads were subsonic, and they leaded my Saker. Couple good mag dumps with 5.56 and 308 cleaned it out well but you can still see a little shiny lead spew in there.

A friend of mine tried their Hitek coated bullets, and he returned them, way too fat for the diameter, even with a .30 flaring die and the few he did seat and try, wouldn't chamber.

Picked up a pound of 1680 but have yet to try it, loaded all the MBCs with 5744, hilariously dirty but they were quiet.

Kinda want to try these

.30 Caliber - Leatherhead Bullets LLC

But.......I might just have to wait until someone, hopefully, develops a heavy plated .30 cal bullet (cough xtreme cough) before I shoot my blackout in much quantity

TNLongShot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    Charlestown
    Thanks for the info!

I'm still trying to find the magic round for the bolt gun as an accurate sub. I'm not sure what I should expect, but it's about 1.5 MOA with Subs so far (factory and my loads) and sub MOA with the 150gr hand loads I've tried so far. This is from an out-of-the-box Rem 700 aac-sd 16.5" barrel.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom