• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Has anyone had experience with the Piney Mountain 22LR tracer ammo? I am thinking about buying a brick of 500 but it costs as much as some pistol caliber ammunition. I am going to be shooting it out of pistols and rifles. I will be using it to verify point of impact. Also will be used for random placement in magazines to perform corrective action after each tracer and possibly to transition to a different target after each tracer. Thanks

Piney Mountain Ammunition Co.

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    It is a shame they are even going after 40MM guys. It is one of those things where people will ignore it because it doesn't effect them. Then the anti gun guys chip a little away at a time, then when it does effect you, it is too late.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    It is a shame they are even going after 40MM guys. It is one of those things where people will ignore it because it doesn't effect them. Then the anti gun guys chip a little away at a time, then when it does effect you, it is too late.

Yes, this is exactly the problem, even here on INGO. BATFE went too far too fast with the attempted M855 ban so they are trying something a bit more on the periphery. Thankfully, some people on another forum are stepping up and a lawsuit is in the works.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'd seen earlier videos with .22 tracer ammo (not Piney Mountain) not lighting up when fired from handguns, but tnoutdoors9 nicely demonstrates that Piney Mountain has no such problem.
    As mentioned earlier, just be sure you don't shoot it around anything that could serve as natural tinder, e.g. dry leaves, sawdust, dry grass
    Probably best to shoot them not very long after a rain.

Top Bottom