• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Carmel
    Is anyone familiar wth Sellier & Bellot White Box? I shoot a lot of S & B 9mm 115 grn but this the first time I've seen it offered (surplusammo.com) in a white box variety for about $25 cheaper (per 1,000 rounds) than the regular stuff. I can't find any info on it. If anyone has any feedback on S & B sold in a white box I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Do you know if this is new production ammo? A long time ago, maybe 20 years, I bought a case of S&B ammo in plain boxes with blue/green labels. It was presumed military surplus. There were no divider trays in the packaging so the boxes were smaller than a regular box of ammo. Lots of sealer on the primers and bullets, and the brass was not very polished. It functioned ok. Nothing special, a little smoky. Todays modern commercial S&B in the green boxes shoots like really good ammo.

KDee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Carmel
    Thanks for the feedback, Leo. This may very well be that kind of stuff. I'm thinking I'll buy just one box of it along with my next order of their regular product to check it out. You're probably correct about it though. I'll post back here what I find out.

Thanks again.

KDee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Carmel
    I finally got the chance to shoot this ammo. There was absolutely no difference in the range experience between the regular product and what came in the white box. The cartridges looked the same. They had the same polished finish, the same boxer primer, the same FMJ. The box they came in was the same size as the standard red and green box. The only distinguishable difference I could see was that it was a plain white box with black identifying printing on one side only. All the other sides and ends were plain white and unprinted. I would feel comfortable buying more of this. Thanks, guys, for your thoughts.

Top Bottom