• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The LPP swing arm had worn to the point it wasn't staying in place as I worked the lever any longer. It fell out one too many times and broke the hook as it hit my concrete garage floor.

Lee is sending me a replacement for free, and were easy to work with. I just sent them a picture of the broken part and they shipped a replacement for free. It seems odd it wouldn't stay in place, though.

Anyway, I know Lee isn't top end equipment but they are coming through for me on the warranty and were easy to work with. The last time I broke something it was an obsolete part and they couldn't help, so its nice to see if you break something they still make they are on top of it. :D

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I broke the priming arm on my Lyman. I ended up getting an RCBS Ram Prime system that mounts in the die location on the press. Lee makes one as well.

Anyway, I like the ram primer so much I couldn't ever see going back to the primer arm that swings in and out.

Just sayin'....

Lee has always been good to me about free replacements.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    My swing arm priming system never worked right so I've always counted on the hand primer. I like not having to physically place each primer into the little holder and being able to feel how well the primer sits into the primer pocket. If you get sick of replacing the swing arm I recommend Lee's hand primer, just make sure to buy a couple extra covers because they tend to break easily as well.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I like not having to physically place each primer into the little holder and being able to feel how well the primer sits into the primer pocket. If you get sick of replacing the swing arm I recommend Lee's hand primer, just make sure to buy a couple extra covers because they tend to break easily as well.

I second all of this, but I've never had the Lee hand primer cover crack or break, although it has warped from age and turned kinda yellow.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The LPP swing arm had worn to the point it wasn't staying in place as I worked the lever any longer. It fell out one too many times and broke the hook as it hit my concrete garage floor.

Lee is sending me a replacement for free, and were easy to work with. I just sent them a picture of the broken part and they shipped a replacement for free. It seems odd it wouldn't stay in place, though.

Anyway, I know Lee isn't top end equipment but they are coming through for me on the warranty and were easy to work with. The last time I broke something it was an obsolete part and they couldn't help, so its nice to see if you break something they still make they are on top of it. :D

The hook part on one of mine broke also,.I never even thought about warranty, I ordered a new one. It was not much money, of course the shipping about doubled it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The hook part on one of mine broke also,.I never even thought about warranty, I ordered a new one. It was not much money, of course the shipping about doubled it.

If it's less than 2 years old they'll replace it. If you still have the broken one send them a picture via their online warranty service and get yourself another spare.

Top Bottom