• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Sold my 650, and am upgrading to the 1050 in a few weeks! I currently have a 45acp,223,and 9mm conversion kits and dies. I have an upgraded aluminum roller handle, 2 tool heads, 3 powder drops, the large printing systems, a large pistol case feed plate, and 4 powder checks.

I plan on processing 223 and 300 blackout brass, loading 9,38sc,45,223,and 300 blackout.

In saying that, what else do i need to buy in order have all I need?! I think I am going to order the press in with 38 super or 38SC (not sure what makes more sense).

Anyone else have thoughts... I can afford to buy all of it at once, but I want to make a check list of "must have items" to make this as soon and simple of a transition from 650 to 1050.

All help appreciated!!

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I upgraded to a 1050 this summer. It definitely is nice. Right now I'm only running 40 on it. I still have my other 650s to run the calibers I don't shoot as often.

(I'm assuming the handle and conversion kits you have are for the 1050 since they are not compatible from the 650)
    I'd order a tool head for each caliber and one extra for rifle brass processing.
    You'll get the small case feeder plate and small priming system with the 38 super so you probably just need a small rifle plate to cover the 223/300blk.
    Compare the 223 & 300blk conversion kits. You probably need a different casefeed adapter, swager backup, and powder funnel.
    If you want to swage the 45, you'll need the large primer swage, but I wouldn't worry about it since I've never seen a crimped 45.
    A spare parts kit is always good to have.

I would think that should cover it. There are some small aftermarket upgrades that are optional like spent primer tube, casefeed fix (if you running it really fast, sometimes you can have a case that gets hung up going into the shell plate), and lvl10 spring upgrade.

One caution, the 1050 is a lot easier to run quickly than the 650 since you are priming on the downstroke. Easier on the arm as well. However, you loose the feel of the primer seating so if you forget to put the plastic rod back in or bump the primer alarm enough to dislodge the battery, you can easily make rounds missing primers without knowing it.

That's about all the advice I have. If loading a lot, get a mr bulletfeeder because they're awesome. After that you can automate it. I ordered the Mark 7 before I got my 1050. Once I setup the 1050, it was so much nicer than a 650, I wouldn't have spent the extra on automation. However, yesterday I loaded a 1000rds without ever touching a handle so its not for sale either.:D

-Tim

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    At this point, you will be doubling up on parts now matter which caliber you buy. I would suggest picking an additional caliber that you may want to load in the future.

You will want a Lyman M die for your 300blk toolhead, as well as an AK powder funnel. We have both in stock.

We'd be glad to assist you with this in any way that we ca!

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    At this point, you will be doubling up on parts now matter which caliber you buy. I would suggest picking an additional caliber that you may want to load in the future.

You will want a Lyman M die for your 300blk toolhead, as well as an AK powder funnel. We have both in stock.

We'd be glad to assist you with this in any way that we ca!

Once, I get the press and everything ordered, Ill give you a call!

Thanks

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom