• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Ive been to four different stores now and no one has anything in stock other than the old hydra-shocks and the hornady gummy stuff in 185gr....other than one shop that also had some of that gimmick RIP junk.

Does anyone stock HST's, Gold dots, or Golden Sabre's in 230gr 45 and 125gr 9mm anymore?..

I need to check function of a new gun and cant find the ammo to do it.

God bless
    -Shred

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's not hard to find online if you can't find it locally. I'm always on the lookout for Federal HST in 9mm and locally it's like finding a unicorn fart in a hurricane.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    While we all have our favorites in 45 a 230 jhp is basically a 230 jhp. As for 9mm while the HST and Gold Dots are one of the best ISP didn't have any issues with their Hydra Shocks back in the day. I wouldn't feel to bad with the and do in fact have several hydra shocks along with Hornady Critical Duty for my 9's. I would get what you could for carry until you found your preferred load (which what else can you do) you will probably live through the night just fine. But online is probably the way to go, just order 500-1,000 to last your carry needs for a while.

But I am with you in there seems to be a lack of choices for duty/defense type ammo. Seems like the 9mm is especially harder to find since its cool again.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Up north here, Midwest stocks HST's, Gold Dots, and a few others. When they do have them in stock, they are not cheap. A box of 20 HST's was $33. You can find boxes of 50 online shipped for that price.

I'm using Winchester PDX-1 in my carry guns now. Meijer and Walmart stock them.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I use hst in my .40. Pdx1 is my 9's. Hydra shocks in .357. Locally hst is harder to find but I see gold dots etc all the time. Also use mag tech in my .380.

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Buy from sgammo.com and you will stop looking locally. They are good people. Also, buy the 50 round boxes and save a lot of money.

Also I have witnessed three human shootings with Rem. GS rounds in two different calibers, save your money and buy HTS, gold Dot or Ranger.

The Ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Buy from sgammo.com and you will stop looking locally. They are good people. Also, buy the 50 round boxes and save a lot of money.

Also I have witnessed three human shootings with Rem. GS rounds in two different calibers, save your money and buy HTS, gold Dot or Ranger.

This. Can't say enough good about SGammo. Good selections and good prices. They also tend to ship in as discrete packaging as legally possible, which is nice for anyone getting deliveries held at an apartment office or the like.

Top Bottom