Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Plinker
    Last weekend at Cabelas in Noblesville they had the golden 1400 buckets for $69 and 325 Automatch for $24. Dick's in Carmel on Friday had several golden brick for $27 I think it was and a couple other type. Didn't need any so didn't look that closely.

Just a thought. Any of you on Facebook know they have been shutting down most gun pages. This was a big outlet for the gougers to resell their 22lr. With limited access to buyers now may have slowed them down? Not seeing much on arms list.

I found an article that echos much of my thoughts, and it was written last summer!

22LR Ammo Market is at a Tipping Point

Sharpshooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohn View Post
    I found an article that echos much of my thoughts, and it was written last summer!

22LR Ammo Market is at a Tipping Point
    I love the part where he mentioned the Eley being priced as "I'm training for the Olympics" I laughed pretty hard at that.

Bumping this thread to see if you guys see the same trend. I've been to two dicks sports this week and have seen plenty of bricks for around 50$. A month ago the shelves were bare. My local gun shop now has plenty in stock at premium prices. I don't think we're going to get bricks for cheaper than a twelve pack again any time soon but it appears this phenomenon may be coming to an end.

39.99 not 50$

Plinker
    We're likely to see the cheapest .22LR in years soon. When all these flippers start to panic and flood the market, prices will crash. Just like ARs.

I saw 5 buckets last week at Gander in castleton. No price posted so I couldnt tell you, but yes I am seeing it at least on the shelves most* places.

*I am positive Walmart either got tired of the BS and quit ordering it, or every. last. store. has a flipper behind the counter buying what comes in before it hits the shelf. (Which I doubt)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by buckwacker View Post
    We're likely to see the cheapest .22LR in years soon. When all these flippers start to panic and flood the market, prices will crash. Just like ARs.
    We may continue to see a gradual reduction in price like what has been happening, but I doubt we will see a crash. Unlike ARs, ammunition is consumable.
    "2016: The year that hackers became more trusted than government or reporters."

I was at Dicks in Bloomington last Friday, and noticed they had plenty.
    Also, there was plenty at the 1500. A bit overpriced, but nice to see it there.

Side bet with coworker on where prices for bricks will stabilize. I'm betting under $30; he says no way.

I reminded him that nobody in 2008 could ever imagine $2/gal gas again..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast