• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerryboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Terre haute
    Anyone else find the 115 gr xtp to be the most accurate? I researched it and it seems to be the most accurate for a lot of people. I keep going back to it out of convince and just plain out quality. Its available even at wally world. It launches well with any powder and seats extremely consistent. Grouping @ 10 and 15 yds is a waste of powder. It is a lil pricey but I have tried x treme plated,Barry's bullets. I guess I have a question here.??? Is there any other bullet I should look at? I'm a speer fan in 24 cal as there TNT is a thing to behold.as is a few other calibers. Is Speer's gdhp worth loading? I see the gdhp data on every data manual. It it can't beat the xtp I'm not budging.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Do you want these for self defense / shtf? Plinking or what?

If its just plinking save some money and run plated ammo. No need to run hollow points for plinking ammo unless you really just feel like spending money.

If its for self defense or shtf then sure go ahead and buy some of the xtp's if thats what works in your gun. I get 124gr JHP from RMR for my shtf stash. They are 116 for 1k. Hard to beat for the price.

All depends on what your budget it and what you plan on using them for.

Jerryboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Terre haute
    Do you want these for self defense / shtf? Plinking or what?

If its just plinking save some money and run plated ammo. No need to run hollow points for plinking ammo unless you really just feel like spending money.

If its for self defense or shtf then sure go ahead and buy some of the xtp's if thats what works in your gun. I get 124gr JHP from RMR for my shtf stash. They are 116 for 1k. Hard to beat for the price.

All depends on what your budget it and what you plan on using them for.

I do buy the plated from extreme often and like practicing twice as much as with xtps. But the xtps are extremely accurate. Haha. Are Barry's any better than extremes or rmr's? I do like the plated bullets as they are clean and seat like butter. I could care less about expansion as I just practice. Maybe I'll load up what xtps I have and stash em away and order 1000 extreme 115 gr HP plated. Lives rough I tell ya.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I've always been very happy w/ Zeros. Significantly cheaper than xtps, still more expensive than cast or plated. Just harder to get (I always joke their brand name comes from the amount available to buy). Use them for all my pistol cal loads. Probably loaded 120k of them between 9mm, 38 super, 40, 45. Never done the pepsi challenge w/ an xtp, but very happy w/ their accuracy and consistency.

-rvb

Jerryboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Terre haute
    I've always been very happy w/ Zeros. Significantly cheaper than xtps, still more expensive than cast or plated. Just harder to get (I always joke their brand name comes from the amount available to buy). Use them for all my pistol cal loads. Probably loaded 120k of them between 9mm, 38 super, 40, 45. Never done the pepsi challenge w/ an xtp, but very happy w/ their accuracy and consistency.

-rvb

I had wanted to find zeros. So the big question here is. Where do you find them????? I think they have a better reputation than many of the brands out there. I have zero luck with searches. Here's some extremes from yesterday. I was trying to see what my new walther liked as far as umph. The walther spoke quite loud n clear. The tests was short n sweet. Using tight group @ 15 yds I was amazed ... 4.5gr. 4.6gr. Then 4.7. Wow was this awesome.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom