• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have always ordered from Ammoman, shipping is included. However, after a search it seems many people like Sgammo. Anyone tried both and like one better than the other? Thanks in advance.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've used both and both were good. I go with the lower total price for my orders. Sometimes it takes a little effort to get there.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There were a bunch of guys at the M14 group that only bought from Ammoman, so I am sure they are good to go. I just kind of settled on sgammo and have never had a problem after buying from them several times.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Never tried ammoman, really like SGammo. Just recently bought 1000rds of 7.62x39 from the ammunition store in Ohio for .19rd and with shipping it was still a little less than .22rd. Was very happy with the ammunition store

BlackGun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    I have had excellent service (Multiple times) from SGAMMO....:yesway::yesway:

I have not used Ammoman.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I've never used Ammoman simply because they've never had what I wanted in stock, when I wanted. Maybe just a quirk of timing.

Just for fun though, and to generate another data point for myself, I just looked on both for 147 gr Federal HST.

Surprisingly, Ammoman had it this time, but whoa, the price advantage goes to sgammo - by a long shot.

$770 at ammoman (which the OP says includes shipping) - 1000 Rounds of 9mm Luger 147 Grain Federal Premium Law Enforcement HST JHP Ammo at AmmoMan.com

$517 at sgammo (including $18 shipping) - 1000 Round Case - 9mm Luger Federal HST 147 Grain Hollow Point LE Ammo P9HST2 | SGAmmo.com

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ok, so I thought, maybe the HST price difference was a fluke. So, I looked up 147 gr Speer Gold Dot, which both also happened to have in stock.

Price difference was similar with the price advantage again going to sgammo.

$775 at ammoman incl shipping - 9mm Ammo - 1000 Rounds of 147 Grain JHP Speer Gold Dot 53619 with Free Shipping at AmmoMan.com
    $537 at sgammo incl shipping - 1000 round case - 9mm Speer Gold Dot 147 grain Hollow Point GDHP Ammo 53619 | SGAmmo.com

I've not used Ammoman either, but I'm on Target Sports mailing list and they offer free shipping on bulk orders. SGAmmo still beats them on price with shipping, although not by as much as what you're showing for Ammoman. I think I'll stick with SGAmmo.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    SGammo is my "go-to" source for ammunition purchases - they have some unique and quality offerings at excellent prices with reasonable shipping. I have purchased cases of 556 ball, 9mm ball&HP, and 300blk with much joy.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I have always looked at ammo seek to find the best price then look at shipping. Ammoman includes shipping but his prices are higher and sgammo has shipping pretty cheap. But I am cheap so always look at ammoseek first

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have had great results and service with both Ammoman and SGAmmo. As others have suggested,do the math, add shipping when at SGAmmo, and see where you have your best bang for the buck. Lately for me and the types/calibers I buy it has been SGAmmo. It has gone back and forth and I tend to try and make my dollar go as far as I can. Also, there are times I am looking for a specific type of ammo and only one place has it so I get it where I can. :twocents:

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Sgammo is the only place I order bulk ammo from. I've yet to find anyone who can beat his prices including shipping. Plus the owner is active over on Arfcom and is quick to answer any question you have.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've not used Ammoman either, but I'm on Target Sports mailing list and they offer free shipping on bulk orders. SGAmmo still beats them on price with shipping, although not by as much as what you're showing for Ammoman. I think I'll stick with SGAmmo.

I go back and forth between SGAmmo and TargetSportsUSA. Depending on what I'm wanting, one may have the better price over the other, so I use the cheaper of the two. I've used both sites many times and have never had an issue with either.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    SGammo and Ammunition depot are my go to sources. Ammunition depot shipping is freaky fast in my few orders lately and priced similar to SG on 9mm HST and gold dots.

Top Bottom