• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Telescoped ammo meant something else to us lever action/tube magazine folks.

This idea has been around for a while along with caseless ammo. Just a matter of somebody finding the right materials to make it work. Whatever polymer they are using it must be pretty heat resistant already and be coated with something to prevent sticking in the chamber after it heats up. Maybe there have been modifications to the chambers as well.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    It'll never be adopted, at least right now, but I am interested to see more about it!

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I really dislike the way the article shows a picture of their ammo next to a "7.62", and compares weight to that round, but then compares the energy levels against the 5.56 round...apples-to-oranges-to-grapes.

Also, accuracy is a function of consistency and concentricity. Since this round appears to have a bullet that is housed in the same space with the powder, and the massive jump of the bullet from "case" mouth to the leade/rifling in the chamber, I would be very curious to see for myself how accurate this ammunition is. It breaks a lot of the rules used in conventional ammo to ensure accuracy, that's for sure.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I really dislike the way the article shows a picture of their ammo next to a "7.62", and compares weight to that round, but then compares the energy levels against the 5.56 round...apples-to-oranges-to-grapes.

Also, accuracy is a function of consistency and concentricity. Since this round appears to have a bullet that is housed in the same space with the powder, and the massive jump of the bullet from "case" mouth to the leade/rifling in the chamber, I would be very curious to see for myself how accurate this ammunition is. It breaks a lot of the rules used in conventional ammo to ensure accuracy, that's for sure.

Fantastic points here at the end! I was thinking about all of those things also. It'll be interesting to hear more about that is for sure, I wish they had a comprehensive report. By reading the article something tells me the writer may not have the most gun knowledge.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Since this round appears to have a bullet that is housed in the same space with the powder, and the massive jump of the bullet from "case" mouth to the leade/rifling in the chamber, I would be very curious to see for myself how accurate this ammunition is. It breaks a lot of the rules used in conventional ammo to ensure accuracy, that's for sure.

That may be the reasoning for the 3 round burst.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield

That was my first thought as well... I am sure if they compared the size to the 5.56 it would look too big. Obviously a lot heavier too, although that could be due to a larger bullet.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Pretty sure this isn't the first attempt at something like this. Trounds were fully enclosed within the polymer cartridge as well.

Top Bottom