Page 137 of 138 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 133 134 135 136 137 138 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1372

Thread: So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

243. just got it back from getting threaded. looking forward to getting it back out.

Plinker

User Info Menu

45-70 Govt, w/385 g Cast
    NRA Lifer, Makers Mark Ambassador, Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum,

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

A couple of weeks ago I had to load up some 243 deer loads. While checking zero before firearms season I had issues and didn't think about checking scope mounts until I was almost out of ammo. Needless to say once i got it tightened, i was good to go. This weekend I finished up loading 5.56 that I had started back in May.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sugarcreekbrass View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I had to load up some 243 deer loads. While checking zero before firearms season I had issues and didn't think about checking scope mounts until I was almost out of ammo. Needless to say once i got it tightened, i was good to go. This weekend I finished up loading 5.56 that I had started back in May.
    Was it a relatively new scope and mount or one that worked its way loose? I've been using blue locktite on all my mount screws. That has fixed that issue. Been there done exactly what you went through.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

9 mm 124 gr RMR JHP over 3.4 gr Clay Dot, 1.115 OAL, Wolf primer
    12 cents a round doesn't seem like such a waste of time any more.

Was having trouble with the Lee Loadmaster until I discovered that the metal rod that mounted the case slider pusher was bent. Got that way sometime in the last few months when I wasn't reloading. I guess someone thrashing around in the workshop hit it pretty hard but didn't think it important enough to tell me. That caused the slider to bind and I ended up snapping the bottom rail off two of them. Gorilla glue fixed them until replacements can arrive.

Used a .308 handload to take a deer earlier in the month. So far every handload I shot at a deer (3) has killed it within a minute or so.
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

Plinker

User Info Menu

PCC 9mm 135gr with N320 , next 223 55gr with Varget

Plinker

User Info Menu

Next on the list is 6.5 CR 142gr with H4350

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    Was it a relatively new scope and mount or one that worked its way loose? I've been using blue locktite on all my mount screws. That has fixed that issue. Been there done exactly what you went through.
    It's the cheap scope and mounts that came with the 783. I usually use loc-tite as well but got lazy on this one. I took this rifle to Oregon and slipped crossing a river while carrying it last month. Between that and flying there and back I figured that is what caused it to go loose.

User Info Menu

Instead of starting a new thread, I decided to jump on this one. If it's too much of a drift or I don't get any action, I'll start a new one.

I was wondering what others think of my thought process. I am a strange duck at times and what seems like solid thinking to me has others scratching their head, if they even understand what I'm talking about.

I've been working up some ladder loads for my 9 MM. They are 125gr TC Blue Bullets. I started low (wouldn't cycle the slide reliably) and worked up in 2-3 grain increments. I found that 3.5 grains of TG work fine. Of course so did 3.8. I'm going to load up some 4.0 today.

At the range when I was testing these, I also shot a few of my 124 gr Sig Sauer HP defensive rounds. Obviously they are higher power rounds than the above reloads.

Which got me thinking; I should go ahead and make my target loads at the higher loading. 9 MM is not a recoil intensive round to begin with and why not have target rounds that are at least closer to my defensive rounds in terms of felt recoil?

I understand the gamers like to load as low as they can go and still have the gun run well and in some cases make power factor. I assume this allows them to get follow up shots faster and hence lower stage times. I don't care about that. If I ever do any competitions, it will be to make me better and have some commardery. Not to see how high up the leaderboard I can get.

Interested in hearing your input, theories, and advice.
    Anything is possible

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    Instead of starting a new thread, I decided to jump on this one. If it's too much of a drift or I don't get any action, I'll start a new one.

I was wondering what others think of my thought process. I am a strange duck at times and what seems like solid thinking to me has others scratching their head, if they even understand what I'm talking about.

I've been working up some ladder loads for my 9 MM. They are 125gr TC Blue Bullets. I started low (wouldn't cycle the slide reliably) and worked up in 2-3 grain increments. I found that 3.5 grains of TG work fine. Of course so did 3.8. I'm going to load up some 4.0 today.

At the range when I was testing these, I also shot a few of my 124 gr Sig Sauer HP defensive rounds. Obviously they are higher power rounds than the above reloads.

Which got me thinking; I should go ahead and make my target loads at the higher loading. 9 MM is not a recoil intensive round to begin with and why not have target rounds that are at least closer to my defensive rounds in terms of felt recoil?

I understand the gamers like to load as low as they can go and still have the gun run well and in some cases make power factor. I assume this allows them to get follow up shots faster and hence lower stage times. I don't care about that. If I ever do any competitions, it will be to make me better and have some commardery. Not to see how high up the leaderboard I can get.

Interested in hearing your input, theories, and advice.
    IMHO, practice rounds should be as close to defensive rounds as possible. Since I found 124 JHP that is nearly as cheap as 115 FMJ, I only load and shoot JHP now. They are about the same as the factory self-defense rounds I use.
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6