• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobkunz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2016
    Bean Blossom
    I love it when a decent brand produces some budget ammo. Winchester "USA Forged" Steel Case 9mm is one of those products. What I am wondering is if anyone has any insight about whether or not Winchester will produce a .380 Auto or 40 S&W in this style. I looked on their website and it's only available in 9mm Luger.

Bobkunz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2016
    Bean Blossom
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ding/426714-winchester-forged-9mm-review.html

This thread was pretty recent.

Personally, I think it's garbage but at least you have good luck with it

Personally I prefer GECO but I recently found this stuff at Walmart and I love it. I don't have the ability to reload yet so I try to keep my overhead low by buying cheap plinking ammo. Plus any malfunctions are good training. I only have one 9mm so finding this in other calibers would be a good thing for me.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Personally I prefer GECO but I recently found this stuff at Walmart and I love it. I don't have the ability to reload yet so I try to keep my overhead low by buying cheap plinking ammo. Plus any malfunctions are good training. I only have one 9mm so finding this in other calibers would be a good thing for me.

If your going to reload, you may consider brass case. At least that way you will be generating brass. My 2 cents...

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I believe Hodgdon also has a line of steel case ammo.

I saw this WIN steel 9mm on Midway, listed at about 23 cents/rnd. I think you might find brass case in the same price range--in case you're thinking about getting into reloading.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    If your going to reload, you may consider brass case.

Even if you aren't going to reload, you may want to think of brass cases. Many of the reloading companies will purchase your used brass. If you would purchase remanufactured ammo (i.e. FreedomMunitions) and then sell the used brass back to them, I suspect you will be right in the same ballpark on cost per round.

--Rick

Top Bottom