• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Last night I got behind my reloading bench for the first time in over a year. Had a chance to check out the supplies and saw that I'm low on just about everything. I need to place a large order for powder, but obviously it's been long enough since I've reloaded anything that I don't know who the most competitive retailers are for reloading supplies anymore.

I was going to check out Wideners, Target Sports USA, but there's a couple more that I just can't quite remember. Anyone got a good lead on the cheapest reloading supply retailers?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I did all my election panic buying from Midway, Midsouth and Brownells. It's worth signing up for their e-mail notifications. They often run "no hazmat" specials and other sales.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    So far, I'm adding these to the carts to see where the prices stack up. Keep in mind, if one website has the 8# jug out of stock I just added 8 1# cans in it's place so that had a big effect on the prices.

8 pounds Ramshot Tac
    8 pounds of IMR 4350
    4 pounds of Titegroup
    500 Sierra Matchking 200gr.

Prices shipped to the house:
    Wideners = $639
    MidwayUSA = $687
    Brownells = $685
    Midsouth = $625

So far, Midsouth for the win!

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    You might also want to contact one of INGO's sponsors and our own local Bobcat Armaments in Shelbyville. I have found their prices to be equal to or lower than the online stores, and there is no hazmat fee if you pick it up in person.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have pretty good luck with Grafs and Sons when I can't find it local.

Find others in your area and do a group buy. I just received 48 lbs of Bullseye that I had on backorder a year ago.
    I buy primers at 25,000 at a time too. It helps spread out the cost for shipping and hazmat fees.

For bullets I like rmrbullets.com

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Well it depends on where you are, IMHO, buying powder and primers online is kinda sucky.

The key is to keep your initial stock pile deep and don't buy anything unless it's a good deal.

Indiana Gun Club is my go-to place for powder, got 80lbs from there this year, average $21/lb after tax.

Hornady 224 bullets 6k pack $400 shipped from Brownells.

147gr 9mm from Berry's 60/k shipped.

150gr 308 new M80 from Widerners $175/k shipped.

S&B SPP/SRP from Cabelas last Christmas $15/k after tax.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I usually order powder from powder valley. I don't have anywhere close to me that has powder at a good price.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I spent over a grand at Bobcat Steel last year and many hundred at Atterbury. I love to support the locals and I do.
    That said, sometimes time, travel and taxes make a difference.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Honestly, I prefer to buy local but there's one place in/near Fort Wayne that has a good selection of reloading supplies and I don't have time to get over that way and keep the wife happy. The advantage to me of ordering online is that it gets brought to my door and when the kids go to bed and I have time available then I can get to it. I'd prefer to buy local, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

I had forgotten about Grafs and Sons so thanks for the heads up!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I keep an eye on MidwayUSA and Brownells. I look for the free shipping and waved hazmat fees deals ans special sales. I don't have many local reloader choices. The few that do sell supplies sell mostly pistol caliber stuff. I reload more rifle then pistol.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    For powder, I've always found powder valley to be one of if not the cheapest on the www.
    They have decent prices on other stuff too.
    You can't beat the s&b primers from cabelas price wise. $21.95 per 1k.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I spent over a grand at Bobcat Steel last year and many hundred at Atterbury. I love to support the locals and I do.
    That said, sometimes time, travel and taxes make a difference.

Yah, same here. I like keeping those local places around if possible. Of course, Atterbury is 10 min from my house and Bobcat is 25...so easier for me. Sounds like OP is in a no man's land up in NE Indiana.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Not really in no mans land, but the closest option I have is Gander Mountain and their reloading supplies are pitiful at best. The only real reloading supply option in or around Fort Wayne is Tomlinson's and they've got an outstanding selection, but it's way out of my way to get over there and with three little kids the clock is always ticking for me to get home.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    My four main vendors:
    Graf & Sons - The Reloading Authority - Your Source for Shooting Supplies - Graf & Sons
    Midway USA - MidwayUSA - Shop Shooting, Hunting, & Outdoor Products
    Midsouth Shooters Supply - www.midsouthshooters.com
    Natchez - www.natchezss.com
    If you can find someplace locally that sells powder and primers, it might be worth you while to get those supplies that way to get around the minimum $26 additional fee for hazmat that you'll pay on top of the base price and shipping and handling.
    If you still buy your powder and primers online, you might as well get as much as possible at that time to spread out the hazmat fee costs.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Powder and primers local only when on sale. Bullets on Black Friday from X-treme.

Key is to buy cheap and stack deep. Only way to save is buying on sale coupled with free shipping in bulk.

I also scrap any spent primers or old brass or whatever I can pull from the trash can at the range. Keeps me shooting for next to nothing.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    If you live close enough to the Connersville area, I happen to know of a gun shop in the country outside of that town that has a huge selection of powder, and primers with them, plus quite a lot of bullets, brass, and reloading equipment, not to mention some guns, should you be so inclined.
    Let me know via PM, and I'll give you the address and phone #.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds like Fort Wayne. Your boned on good prices around here. I sure miss Sinclairs over by New Haven. Gander Is horrid and I wont walk in the door for any reason. I buy shot from Thomlinson's but they are a little proud of their powder and such but they probably have what you need. Watch for the online sales. It's all we have here.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom