• ...and so much more!
  • sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I just acquired some ammo that used to be my grandfather's. These are full boxes. I assume it will all go bang. We shot some 22s a few years ago. My question is if any of it is a collectors item or should I just shoot it. Thanks.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Shoot the .38 Special. The .22LR should go to an Ammo Conservation organization. It may be the last of its species. It needs to be protected. May it can be bred to increase its population.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Is the .38 in the box like .22LR (one up, one down, repeat)?? My Dad has a box of the yellow box Winchester .38 Special FMJ like that.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've seen empty boxes that look similar to yours sell on Gunbroker.
    I've seen some EMPTY boxes sell for as much as $30.

Do a little research before you destroy the value, if there is any.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Don't know value or time it take to sell it but from my limited knowledge those boxes are in really good condition. From old stuff I used to have their imo unique. Put them in the man cave for conversation items.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    What someone is asking vs what someone is willing to pay are always so far apart the amount of time and energy needed doesn't make it worth. Is old ammo collectible.... ya it's great at collecting dust the longer it sits not being used

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    What someone is asking vs what someone is willing to pay are always so far apart the amount of time and energy needed doesn't make it worth. Is old ammo collectible.... ya it's great at collecting dust the longer it sits not being used

"One man's trash is another man's treasure"

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Wow I was surprised to see the prices going on gunbroker. Never thought to look there. I found a full brick of 22s like mine starting at $95. I guess I'll have to hang onto these until the next gun show I can make. Maybe I'll find a collector. Thanks for the advice.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Wow I was surprised to see the prices going on gunbroker. Never thought to look there. I found a full brick of 22s like mine starting at $95. I guess I'll have to hang onto these until the next gun show I can make. Maybe I'll find a collector. Thanks for the advice.

People will collect ANYTHING.
    The trick is to find the person that wants what you have.

I have a cast iron sign. More of an I.D. plate really, but it looks like a 3 foot long, 1-1/2 foot tall, and 1/2 inch thick sign.
    It must weigh 70 or 80 lbs.
    It's a nameplate off of an overhead crane.
    I thought it looked pretty neat so I rescued it from being thrown in a dump.

I still haven't found the collector who wants to pay me for it...

Good luck with your ammo.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    I've had good luck dealing with Old Western Scrounger when I had some really collectible ammo. You may want to check with them to see if it is worth anything. I simply took some detailed photos of the boxes and ammo itself and they made me an offer that I felt was very acceptable. Obviously, they then sold it for more than they paid me, but that is what a business does...
    --Rick

Top Bottom