• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I don't think there is any reports of it being used for self defense yet. Personally, I think it shows the most promise of all the boutique rounds, but that still isn't much. I like the idea of not having a hollow point cavity that could be plugged up by clothing.

Another tidbit. Lehigh Defense is making the same type of bullet but out of solid copper instead of metal/polymer compress powder.

That being said, I'll stick with the proven SD ammo until proven otherwise.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Does anyone have any experience with the ARX ammo? If it works as advertised it might be with looking into especially for a .380.

Thanks
    I have yet to see any around my local gun stores, but when I do, I'm going to start using it. Having the FMJ nose profile, I bet it feeds great. It is certainly fast, like 1,200 FPS, out of a Ruger LCP. You ought to Google up some ballistic gel tests on the round...pretty impressive.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    "Propeller" bullets don't do anything magic. Think of how much distance the bullet covers per revolution. The barrel twist rate of a .380 is probably not going to be any faster than 1 twist in 10" and the bullet doesn't start spinning faster when it leaves the barrel. What's one revolution of a bullet in 10" of living meat do at pistol velocities? Nothing. Living meat is (with some exceptions) stretchy, it's not an un-compressible liquid. It's not going to turn into some sort of water jet cutter. Plus you've now got a projectile that's going to fragment when it hits heavy bone, which is bad.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    gel cuts much easier than flesh and bone. I'll stick with some XTP rounds in my 380. I see it again and again people thinking gel tests compare to real life living tissue. Gel tests are for comparisons to other bullets. The lehigh 380 bullet may penetrate 18-20 inches in gel. But I HIGHLY DOUBT it will penetrate that much flesh.

Top Bottom