• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Has anyone heard if the restriction on 7N6 ammunition might be lifted? The new admin has much bigger fish to fry right now, but I would like to see this go (with a lot of other things). Maybe a petition on the White House website to draw attention to the issue again?

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Oh, and there are petitions started on the White House website for repealing the NFA as well as the Hughes Amendment...... just sayin'.

indyguy333

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2015
    Huntington
    I think since it was an ATF ruling (and NOT an executive order) it will be extremely difficult to reverse, and as others have stated, very low on the priority list.

Trump doesn't care much about cheap imports. He wants people buying American-made goods, and 7n6 does not fit into that. So I wouldn't hold my breath, even if it was possible.

indyguy333

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2015
    Huntington
    Maybe since he wants to be friendly with the russians, there might be a possibility we will see trade resume with them in ammo,ect.

Again, there are 2 issues that are separate:

1. The sanctions against Russia which prohibit the importation of Russian-made products (e.g. Saiga rifles)
    2. The ATF ruling naming 7n6 as armor-piercing and non-importable

Even if Trump gets rid of #1, we still can't get 7n6 imported into the country. It's not happening.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I think since it was an ATF ruling (and NOT an executive order) it will be extremely difficult to reverse, and as others have stated, very low on the priority list.

Trump doesn't care much about cheap imports. He wants people buying American-made goods, and 7n6 does not fit into that. So I wouldn't hold my breath, even if it was possible.
    ATF is an executive branch agency. The chief executive can pretty much overrule any of their decisions or determinations. To the extent the ATM exercises discretion, it is generally at the pleasure of the president.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...To the extent the ATM exercises discretion, it is generally at the pleasure of the president.

The president recently asked if I would mind being a bit more discreet.

I asked why I was being detained.

He just laughed and dropped the matter.

+1 Trump :yesway:

Top Bottom