Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Plinker
    Billoybob, I see what you're getting at, but I think what he's saying is that if you know what you are doing, you can make quality ammo on any press. It doesn't have to be a certain color.

I've made 3/4 MOA rifle ammo and won local steel matches with .45 acp that I've made with a $100 Lee single stage.

Would it have maybe been easier/faster on a Dillon? Probably. Would it have been any better? I'm not sure on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by jrh84 View Post
    Billoybob, I see what you're getting at, but I think what he's saying is that if you know what you are doing, you can make quality ammo on any press. It doesn't have to be a certain color.

I've made 3/4 MOA rifle ammo and won local steel matches with .45 acp that I've made with a $100 Lee single stage.

Would it have maybe been easier/faster on a Dillon? Probably. Would it have been any better? I'm not sure on that one.
    Exactly.. and thats all I'm saying. HA HA
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrh84 View Post

Agreed
    I love my Rock Chucker, and I aspire to someday have an RL550B, but there is some Lee equipment that is actually superior to the competition in terms of ease of use, utility, and quality of ammo turned out, especially their Factory Crimp Die and their collet rifle dies.
    First time I drank was prom night....Zima... took me years to regain my man card. -Kutnupe

Update to Original Post

Kudos to King31 for helping me believe I could buy into reloading for not much dinero. I picked up this Junior 2 and all the other stuff for less than $175. Looking forward to learning and training on the equipment very soon. Also thanks go out to DHamby for sending me a Lyman Reloading Guide and a Scale (Gun store guys said it was smart to have 2, so I bought one). Thanks Man!

***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)101881_***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)370751411_n.jpg?oh=e004c6212f8a09f4993979a08b282ce3&oe=5941495B" border="0" alt="" />

***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)435189_***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)070119643_n.jpg?oh=8391c0d54dcee9e61cca8f60d23a6260&oe=593D82F1" border="0" alt="" />
    Last edited by DriverAndrew; 02-18-2017 at 16:06.

Excellent!
    You wont' regret taking that first big step.
    You'll also get plenty of guidance from the scores of us here who reload.
    Be sure to also check out some of the YouTube videos.
    I personally recommend FortunCookie45LC, but there are others who put out excellent instructional videos.
    First time I drank was prom night....Zima... took me years to regain my man card. -Kutnupe

Awesome! You even got some good quality equipment for that price. Who would've thunk it? Some people really rave about the Jr 2 from my quick search. I'm not much help on rifle loading as I am trying to get started on that end as well. The biggest piece of advice I can give is make sure your bench is rock solid! Good luck and keep us posted once you finish your first round. I'm sure other members can help on any other questions up to that point!
    NRA Life Member

Good to hear. I'm just north of town if you need a hand.
    Don't practice until you do it right; practice until you can't do it wrong.

ChristianPatriot, thanks! I might have need of your wisdom sometime soon. And you're a lot closer than the other very kind folks who've also offered help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3