Weird Occurence when ordering parts for Lee Press...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I had to order a replacement spring and picked up a few other bits for my Loadmaster last weekend. I went to their site to order parts and while their prices were a buck or 2 each, one part I ordered was 12 bucks...when I went to the cart they were all free except for shipping. Ended up paying 10 bucks for what should have cost 20-25 bucks(parts plus shipping).

Not quite a no hassle guarantee, but made my evening.

What parts? The priming system. I knew when I got the press it could be problematic...but over the last year and 4000 or so rounds I've had limited issues with it. (they 'fixed' it a couple years back from my research, made it much more reliable). Sadly, after 4-5000 rounds through it, I 'think' some of the bits have wore and now its not priming as well as it used to. The main thing right now that's annoying me is the plunger is sticking up inside the primer feed...causing it not to feed primers...hoping that is causing the tipping primers issue. The little spring in there is toast(bent it early when I wasn't careful). So anyway, we'll see if this gets it back to 'new' action.

If not, I'll buy a good priming tool and hand prime until I can afford the next generation of 87IROC press.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Yes, same thing happened to me. A few weeks ago I ordered a taper crimp die internal part (mine cracked) for my 44 spl/mag die set. I did the same as you and placed that part in the online cart. Just shipping charges, and a $0 cost for the part. I thought WTH and added a few other small parts to my order. Priming parts, parts that are easy to loose if dropped or misplaced, etc. Same deal with those. $0 , just pay shipping cost.
    I almost felt bad about the low cost total, so I picked up their universal case flaring die too while I was at it. So far, works great for getting a more gradual flare for starting cast lead bullets into the case mouth.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Yep, that little square piece wore out on me...so while at Kempf's in Michigan City picked up 3 or 4 just to have on hand. Kudos to Lee for doing it. Not sure if its a first order thing or not...but regardless, it was nice. They arrived today. Hopefully press will be cranking out more 9 mm soon!

JMitch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2015
    Greenwood
    I have had the same experience with multiple small parts on multiple orders being free. It is a different technique to do customer service.

Top Bottom