• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Your statement explains why they were almost giving powder away the past 2 weeks. I saw W231 going for $12/lb. (12 is NOT a typo!) Needless to say, it didn't last long.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Developing, this is the only information I have at this time. Stan sold the business a couple of years ago so...

Yepper. They also quit selling firearms a while back too. It was a good place to find the odd Sig Sauer, etc. once in a while.

I hate to tell them that $180 for 1k of 300BO brass is a looser.

Last edited:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Kind of hard to call yourself a reloading supply company if you don't sell 2 of the most important components. They were a decent place before they got bought out a few years back, tolerable since but now? :dunno:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Your statement explains why they were almost giving powder away the past 2 weeks. I saw W231 going for $12/lb. (12 is NOT a typo!) Needless to say, it didn't last long.

Yep, I saw that in an email special, got excited and was ready to throw down a wad of cash for a bunch, but they were already sold out :(

When I found out about them quitting the powder and primer business, the prices made a lot more sense to me too.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Kind of hard to call yourself a reloading supply company if you don't sell 2 of the most important components. They were a decent place before they got bought out a few years back, tolerable since but now? :dunno:

I enjoyed browsing their C&R firearms specials, but they stopped carrying guns, flareguns, and flares when the company sold. I stayed on their email list because they still occasionally had good prices on powder and bullets (I think I bought bullets from them exactly once after the company sold), but the brass selection went to crap too after the sale of the company.

What DO they sell now?

That is a very good question. I can't imagine them being around much longer. Product selection is shrinking and prices aren't very good on what's left. They had to have lost a lot of customers over these last couple of years with all of the negative changes.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Here's the email from them I just received after inquiring:

"Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we have had to stop selling powder and primers.

We continue to face higher costs to comply with regulations around the storage, sale, and shipping of powder and primers. You’ve probably noticed the increase in hazardous materials shipping fees, but that’s just a small part of the costs. We also face greater local, state, and federal regulations that place a difficult burden on retailers like us, who focus on serving the small reloader.

It was a hard decision to stop selling powder and primers because we have sold them for so long, and especially because several of us are avid reloaders ourselves. However, we will still offer bullets, casings, and pre-primed casings with the same friendly customer service our customers expect and deserve. We are also already going to work, expanding our selection of loaded ammunition to ensure we can be of help for shooters who enjoy every corner of the passion we all share.

Tammy,
    Wideners.com
    1-800-615-3006 "

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I remember the 231 email. Then it was gone. I unsubscribed from them a while back.

Sorry 'Tammy', your new business model is not for me and apparently a lot of other folks. Good luck in selling mostly ammo in this very soft market.

Top Bottom