• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How fast does Freedom Munitions usually ship orders?

I placed my first order with them a week ago for factory ammo, and its still sitting there "awaiting fulfillment". I can see waiting for them to get my order into the press queue to be made if it were reman, but this is only 200rd of factory new ammo. They should only have to pick it from the warehouse and toss it in a box. (Unless they are one of THOSE retailers who doesnt list and accepts orders for backordered items without warning :xmad:)

And I have to say they have obnoxious order cancellation policies. I realized within 5 minutes that my first order was wrong. So I emailed them asking to change. The next afternoon they replied that they couldnt change it or cancel it via email, and that I would have to call in to cancel it. Then I had to sit on hold for 30 minutes before it forced me into a voicemail box. Granted they did cancel it and it could have been worse "sorry, no changes, ship it back if you dont like it and eat the shipping both ways." but its kinda annoying that I couldnt cancel other more efficient ways.

Just curious if this is something I should expect in the future.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I think they are usually back ordered when they offer free shipping. They've had free shipping, select ammo discounts each day, and they reduced prices in February so I think they are pretty busy. The longest I've waited to ship has been 2 weeks with another 6 days in transit. FYI, when you get to checkout enter discount code "sootch00" and you'll get another 5% off.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Nope. Only offer right now is flat $7 for $100 and free over $200.

If I find out they sell as if they can ship now regardless of stock on hand, it'll be the last new order I place with them. I have no patience for deception like that. If you don't have it, don't tell me you have it so you get my money while you wait on product. Maybe I'm spoiled in the age of Amazon, but if I order something that isnt listed as a backorder or made to order, I expect it to be out the door within 24-48 hours.

Now I can understand waiting for reman to be run through a press on demand. I'm cool w that if they are upfront about it. But dont collect money for something you say you have but dont.

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    I won't buy from them anymore. I've had so many issues with this company. Originally, I was excited about the prices on the 300 BLK. But I had nothing but issues with the ammo. Haven't tried other calibers. When I try to get a hold of them about the issues, it would take a couple days and multiple emails to even get a response. They took back the ammo, no problem. No shipping cost on my end. But I waited 3 months before I got my refund. I wanted a replacement batch of 300 BLK. But they were continuously out and would not set any aside for my replacement batch like the lady said she would do. Customer service was I would say sub-par to par at times. It seemed like it would vary day to day. I'll stick with Bite the Bullet for my purchases. Plus 1000 round bulk purchases, you get a big tub instead of a cardboard box.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Nope. Only offer right now is flat $7 for $100 and free over $200.

If I find out they sell as if they can ship now regardless of stock on hand, it'll be the last new order I place with them. I have no patience for deception like that. If you don't have it, don't tell me you have it so you get my money while you wait on product. Maybe I'm spoiled in the age of Amazon, but if I order something that isnt listed as a backorder or made to order, I expect it to be out the door within 24-48 hours.

Now I can understand waiting for reman to be run through a press on demand. I'm cool w that if they are upfront about it. But dont collect money for something you say you have but dont.

You must be one of us rare birds that expect people to do what they say that they are going to do??

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Sorry, didn't mean to mislead about free shipping. It applies to orders over $199 and since I always order over that I forgot to warn of the limitation. If you are in a hurry this isn't the vendor to use. I always order in advance so I don't care when it arrives. I don't think they charge your card until the order ships. Customer service is a real weakness. Last year UPS destroyed one box of 500 rounds. Freedom received the notification from UPS and I saw it on the UPS tracking site. It took 4 emails and 7 weeks but Freedom eventually sent me 1000 rounds. I don't know if they made a mistake or were saying sorry but I wasn't spending any time or money to send 500 rounds back. That was the only problem I've had in about 25 orders with them and I got $150 worth of ammo for free.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I have ordered from them two or three times and always got what I wanted. I knew in advance that shipping would not be at Amazon speed -- don't recall exactly how I knew this, whether it was on website or what, but I did not expect delivery for a couple weeks and that's usually about what it took. I only order when there is a sale on, and I always order at least 1000 rounds. I try to order when the price is good and shipping is free, not when I am out of ammo, so I am willing to trade off some shipping time for a better deal.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You must be one of us rare birds that expect people to do what they say that they are going to do??

IKR??!

I have ordered from them two or three times and always got what I wanted. I knew in advance that shipping would not be at Amazon speed -- don't recall exactly how I knew this, whether it was on website or what, but I did not expect delivery for a couple weeks and that's usually about what it took. I only order when there is a sale on, and I always order at least 1000 rounds. I try to order when the price is good and shipping is free, not when I am out of ammo, so I am willing to trade off some shipping time for a better deal.

I hear ya. If I had ordered reman I would expect a long turn for it to be made on demand. But as I put in the response a few minutes ago (they did respond quickly to my query as to why it was taking so long) "[apology for being blunt], but how long does it take to place 4 boxes of factory ammo in a cardboard box and stick a label on it? "

I dont expect amazon speed, but I do expect something faster than a week from a major supplier when its just toss it in a box and ship it. If it were a one man operation in his garage doing it part time thats one thing, but these guys are supposedly a real honest to God professional full time shop with multiple people on the payroll.

News flash! Its a family company and great grandpa is the stock picker.

posted-inbykurt-ernst-november-17th-2010-leave-a-reply-tpkjeh-clipart.jpg

Lesson learned. And that lesson is to buy my case of ammo for the 2018 season no later than June 2017 so it arrives in time. :):

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    I've bought a couple thousand rounds from them over 2 different orders. Shipping was slow as {insert expletive here} but at least never had any issues with the ammo once I received it.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    How fast does Freedom Munitions usually ship orders?

I placed my first order with them a week ago for factory ammo, and its still sitting there "awaiting fulfillment". I can see waiting for them to get my order into the press queue to be made if it were reman, but this is only 200rd of factory new ammo. They should only have to pick it from the warehouse and toss it in a box. (Unless they are one of THOSE retailers who doesnt list and accepts orders for backordered items without warning :xmad:)

And I have to say they have obnoxious order cancellation policies. I realized within 5 minutes that my first order was wrong. So I emailed them asking to change. The next afternoon they replied that they couldnt change it or cancel it via email, and that I would have to call in to cancel it. Then I had to sit on hold for 30 minutes before it forced me into a voicemail box. Granted they did cancel it and it could have been worse "sorry, no changes, ship it back if you dont like it and eat the shipping both ways." but its kinda annoying that I couldnt cancel other more efficient ways.

Just curious if this is something I should expect in the future.

First off that is BS about only cancelling by phone. I have canceled orders by email before, and I have the mails to prove it. 2nd, they are great to deal with SO LONG as you don't need the ammo any time soon. The ammo is of great quality and their prices are excellent. But yeah, their lead times are pretty long.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I have ordered from them a couple times now and shipping was quicker than expected. I think I got both orders in about a week. They did mess up my first order(there was a box of remanned stuff in the case of new ammo), but they straightened it out within a few emails and sent me a box of new to replace the reman and let me keep the box of reman. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I like them.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I placed an order (all items showed as in stock) last year and after waiting several weeks, I called them only to find out that half of the items had become 'out of stock'. When I asked to have those items canceled I was told the person I was talking to could not do it and was placed on hold for 30 minutes until the one person that could cancel and credit my CC finally picked up and took care of it.

A later 'in stock' order took about ten days before they shipped it. Never again, although I still order plated bullets for reloading from their "sister" company and have learned to live with the SLOW shipping.

The vast majority of ammo I've bought has come from SGAmmo...good pricing, fast shipping and never any aggravations.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've ordered from them about 1/2 a dozen times and never had an issue. Even when they run the "free shipping" specials (Black Friday, etc), it's still only taken a week to 10 calendar days to get my order. Ammo has never been problematic either - I've bought it in 38spl, 9mm, 223, and 45acp without issue.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Long story short, my order is on the way. coincidentally the same day I complain, is the same day it ships. "right now we are running at a 5 business day lead time for shipments." ( I placed the order (effectively) last wednesday)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And yes, SGAmmo is awesome. They are where I was getting cases of 223 for $316 to my door during the panic when others were charging $350+. (plus shipping) Availability wasnt solid, but when they had them it was reasonable.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I think there are a lot of people who inundate them with orders when free shipping (plus sales) pop up. My last order (during such an event) did take quite a while, but between the cost per round and the fact that they reliably go bang, I was okay with that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom