New to .260 reloading. Question about brass.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DriverAndrew

Marksman
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jul 10, 2015
    Columbus
    I have once-fired Lapua brass, and brand new Winchester brass. I also have Berger VLD Match 140s, and all brass has been properly sized.
    Will using the inferior Winchester brass adversely affect my group size, and should I use cheaper bullets in the cheaper brass?

Thanks for your input.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Win brass will be fine...but what kind of Win brass are you using for a 260, 7-08?

As for Berger VLDs...they can be difficult to tune. Berger Hybrids are less 'fussy', as are the 142 SMK; not sure how the new 140gr Hornady ELD-M is. On the "budget" bullet end, the 140gr Hornady HPBT which has a 0.285 G7 BC were quite easy to tune in my experience, shot well, and comparatively inexpensive to purchase.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Win brass will be fine...but what kind of Win brass are you using for a 260, 7-08?

As for Berger VLDs...they can be difficult to tune. Berger Hybrids are less 'fussy', as are the 142 SMK; not sure how the new 140gr Hornady ELD-M is. On the "budget" bullet end, the 140gr Hornady HPBT which has a 0.285 G7 BC were quite easy to tune in my experience, shot well, and comparatively inexpensive to purchase.

+1 same experience. What a great caliber.

Don't overlook the 120 grain Sierra MatchKings for 200 yard work. Those little buggers under fill throttle really reward you on the target on the short line.

Top Bottom