• ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Of the assortment of factory loaded 10mm on the market, which factory loads are full house loads? I know Underwood is a full strength load, but I am looking for a 180 grain full metal jacket load. PMC, PPU, Sig, Federal, Armscore? I will be breaking in a new 2011 build and reloading the brass, so quality brass is important.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Underwood is my go to for the most bang for the buck. They off up some quality loads and in my experience are a touch better than Buffalo Bore.

Sig offers some nice stuff.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    i looked at buffalo bore... They load some stout stuff, but pricey for FMJ to break in a new build. I'm looking for full house 10mm FMJ... Not 40 S&W loads in 10mm casings.

The ammo I use to just run my 10mm's and let folks shoot them is green box Remington UMC. It specs out north of 1100 FPS and it does not dirty up the gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Any local source for underwood that keeps a good supply on the shelf?

On line at their site. Easy peasy and they are usually pretty quick.
    If you need some break in let me know and I will get you some and you can replace it when you get some........No worries. I know where you work.....:cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's Underwood Ammo all the way for me in my Glock 20! Liked it so much I bought their 9mm stuff.

You would be surprised at how well the UMC stuff runs.
    Pack Indy was running my 6" 2011 and banging steel at 210 off hand. Not every round and yes he skipped a few in there but it was "210 yards off hand"

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    On line at their site. Easy peasy and they are usually pretty quick.
    If you need some break in let me know and I will get you some and you can replace it when you get some........No worries. I know where you work.....:cool:

I appreciate that. it's going to be a little while though...my 10mm is still pieces to be transformed into a new masterpiece. The barrel will be here Wednesday. I think the bulk of the parts are here, but I'm sure there will be something that was missed. Once it's done though, we will definitely need to get to the range and see how well it performs.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I appreciate that. it's going to be a little while though...my 10mm is still pieces to be transformed into a new masterpiece. The barrel will be here Wednesday. I think the bulk of the parts are here, but I'm sure there will be something that was missed. Once it's done though, we will definitely need to get to the range and see how well it performs.

I am in. Seriously.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    You would be surprised at how well the UMC stuff runs.
    Pack Indy was running my 6" 2011 and banging steel at 210 off hand. Not every round and yes he skipped a few in there but it was "210 yards off hand"

Thanks for the info. The problem around here is that most gun shops carry 10mm in name only. Not TRUE 10 mm.
    I'll look into the UMC stuff.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    FWIW, if you're just wanting to break in a new gun, you're just fine using off the shelf 10mm ammo.
    You won't get quite the recoil impulse and blast as you'll get with full house stuff intended for serious business later, but it will help smooth up the action, and it will cost less than the "good stuff" from the specialty manufacturers.
    I'll have to echo others who recommended Underwood, and maybe you missed that they have you all set if your heart is set on shooting full bore 180 grain FMJ here - https://underwoodammo.com/shop/10mm-auto-180-grain-full-metal-jacket-box-of-50/
    Naturally, if you reload, you can roll your own for a substantial discount over any factory load and approximate what you'll get with the stout Underwood or Buffalo Bore, the key being that you'll need to find the right powder to get it there.
    I'll also point out that the sweet spot bullet weight for defense against bipedal varmints is either 155 grain or 165 grain, and Underwood has the superb Speer Gold in the latter weight, which would be my recommendation for that purpose should you be on the hunt for your carry load.
    That load is what I have on my person daily.

Top Bottom