• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    Hey all, I was given an old box of 38 special along with loose rounds. My question is about the loose stuff, do you think these are reloads? and what would the one with the yellow cap be?

I don't think I have a lot of confidence using the loose ones so how can I dispose of them?

Thanks, Pat

IMG_1274.jpg

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have shot WWII era ammo and almost all fired. I would have no hesitation shooting the box of factory ammo. I also hesitate to shoot other people' reloads. If the oose rounds are unknown, give them to someone who reloads to be taken apart for salvage. Some shops have a jar for loose junk rounds. Hanging around gun guys, you will find someone that would take them off your hands.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Gosh I love the Super Vel Box.. Its always fun to pick up a box of that ammo in a garage Sale or Auction. A great tale of an Inventor & Indiana company that found a market niche and exploited it in the 60s & early 70s.. That ammo was only made for 10 years or so...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Those all look pretty good, and hang on to the Super Vel box, anything connected with Lee Jurras is a collector's item these days.

Top Bottom