Aim Surplus 9mm sale question. Which is better?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    20 year anniversary sale! Aim has Geco, Fiocchi, Prvi Partizan, and Seller and Bellot 9mm all on sale for $9.95 per box of 50. I'm running low and this looks like a good deal to me.
    Their basic sale premise is the same price, pick a brand and bullet weight.
    1) finding anything better out there?
    2) of the flavors available, which is usually considered better?

Please answer before placing your order so they don't run out of stock. :):

9mm (9x19)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've shot both Fiocchi and Seller and Bellot many times with no issues.

I have no personal experience with the other two brands, but I've heard from others the Geco is reliable too.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've shot both Fiocchi and Seller and Bellot many times with no issues.

I have no personal experience with the other two brands, but I've heard from others the Geco is reliable too.
    Same-same except I've never heard of Geco. No problems with Fiocchi or S and B.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Fiocchi and S&B have been pretty solid for me. I picked up 250 rounds of Geco a couple of years ago and had a few jams and FTF. On each of the FTF rounds, I just put the rounds back in the mag and about 1/3 of them fired the 2nd time. I threw the other 2/3's of the FTF rounds out and haven't bought Geco since.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I generally shoot either S&B or Fiocchi. No issues with either. I like Prvi in 5.56, so perhaps the 9mm is also good?

I do remember a blog somewhere claiming that S&B and Fiocchi are not good quality for reloading, though I use them all the time...

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I generally shoot either S&B or Fiocchi. No issues with either. I like Prvi in 5.56, so perhaps the 9mm is also good?

I do remember a blog somewhere claiming that S&B and Fiocchi are not good quality for reloading, though I use them all the time...

Aside from the occasional tight primer pocket I've not had any problems with reloading the S&B or Fiocchi. The Geco on the other hand seems to bind up in the dies and feels like reloading A-merc. Geco goes in the junk bin every time I see it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have several thousand rounds of S&B in my safe in 9mm and am very happy with it. Have fired several thousand rounds over the years. Found it to have a consistant loaded and is very clean burning.

Also like the Fiocchi and have found it to be a bit hotter loaded but very satisfactory.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    I've shot and reloaded a lot of Geco. Never had an issue. S&B has ran good too but the primer pockets are tight. I would take any of them over cheap Remington stuff. The last time I shot 115g Remington it was filthy and the flash hole in the brass was offset.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I shoot Wolf steel cased everything except in my 2 s and w, m and p's. They don't seem to strike the primers hard enough in about 1 of every 20 rounds of the wolf 9mm.
    All of my M&Ps have the same problem with wolf and bear ammo. I fell to cheapness again and am working thru another 1k of them.

sgammo.com has S&B for about ten bucks cheaper shipped. I have never had a problem with them, or with AIM, but I choose cheaper when I can.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Just ran through 400 rounds of S&B 115g this afternoon through my g19's. I like that stuff better than any other of my bulk buys from Winchester, Remington umc, or Federal ball. It's seems to be hotter than normal US manufactured ammo anyway. It seems to be more accurate so far also.

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Have shot a fair bit of Privi in rifles, but haven't used their 9mm.
    Never any issues w/ the rifles stuff, and it's good brass.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Late to the party, but I really like both Fiocchi and S&B.

You MAY find that both of these tend to have harder primers than "normal" other bulk 9mm ammo. Especially if you get the NATO loads.

Fiocchi CS is also OUTSTANDING should you need it.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    $6 Perfecta (50) W H E R E !!!

I would be all over that, and I don't buy WOLF cause even though it is less expensive the indoor INDY range I use will not allow it.

Top Bottom