Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Fun Fact -- Lake City produced 17+ BILLION rounds for the military since 2000

Saw this cool little fact and thought I'd share: "Since 2000, Orbital ATK has produced more than 17 billion rounds of small-caliber ammunition at Lake City to support U.S. and allied warfighters around the globe."Orbital ATK Receives $92 Million in Small-Caliber Ammunition Orders from the U.S. Army | Business Wire

User Info Menu

Aside from the wow factor. I vote this the best use of capital letters in a thread title. BILLIONS.

I can get behind the use of my tax dollars in this manner.
    Laser eyed dog has mellowed (Daughters "hair missile")and cat is alive and well.

Expert

User Info Menu

See....I went through and did the math and that was $0.0054 a round the way I first read the information. I then thought "DAMN" our government knows how to make a deal!!

Then I said "Did that just come out of my mouth? I need to read that again!" I am good now they didn't state how many round were in the $92M contract. (It was probably 1,000 rounds of each for $92M at government pricing.)

On a side note if Trump worked the deal they probably threw in a couple of free hats!

User Info Menu

Justin B. - "Make them watch Wonder Woman. They'll molon labe after that!"