• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My reloading partner decided to sell his Hornady AP press and drink the Blue Kool-Aid.

I ordered him a complete package direct from Dillon $1,600 worth of press.

I had been traveling for work and didn't have time to help him put it together until last Saturday. We dive into cleaning up the reloading area and get to the unpacking of the press.

We quickly discovered that they didn't ship part number 22025 Accessory parts kit.

We are now dead in the water without the parts to mount the case feeder bracket. It has some 1/2 moon spacers that we didn't want to fabricate and the loaded cartridge chute was missing too.

I call them on Tuesday to let them know what happened. The guy didn't even apologize for not putting in a box that is 8" x 8" in the press box. I asked if the could NDA the package to me since I'm on Vacation this week.
    He said he couldn't do that.

I said hey could I get some swag for the hassle. Dude said nope, I'm not allowed to give away free stuff.

I told him I was hoping to give them good feedback on INGO that has 30,000 members but since they were unwilling to go out of their way then I would post what they did.

The guy said "Is there anything else"? Meaning were done here.

I sent a message on their contact us link two days ago and haven't heard anything from them.

I know I could have opened the boxes and inventoried the items when they arrived but I didn't want things to get lost until we were ready to install. I also didn't think Dillon would let me down.

I have another $1,500 order to give them for a trimmer setup, dies, 9mm conversion kit for MR Bullet feeder and other stuff but I'm still a little miffed right now so I'm holding on to my cash.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Hmmm. We had an issue with an old one and some federal primers. They sent the replacement parts asap. Free. Two day shipping . Two hats two tee shirts and a couple of stickers ohhhh and an updated manual which stated that federal primers were not recommended for use. (The old manual did not state this) seem they are softer primers.

his cat did not forgive them. He did not come out of hiding for about three days. Did not lay on the basement window sill for a few weeks.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I'm sorry to hear that Glueman. You can get the bullet feeder from Double Alpha I had a feeling that after Mike pasted customer service would suffer. I bought my press in 1986 and over the years Dillon has basically rebuilt it with the parts they have sent me. Call Bobcat Steel order through them just say'n
    My 2 cents

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw the thread title and thought, "What did the USAF do or not do?" That is all.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    That is really disappointing news. Hope you get things sorted out soon. I'm thinking of getting a new 650 and letting my Square Deal B and single stage Lee go. I'll also hang onto my cash then.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    But they didn't let you down! You're upset they made a mistake and aren't handling it based on what you want the timeline to be?? Am I getting this correct? We are so use to people bending over backwards for us that it seems when things aren't handled how we want them then they are in the wrong?
    By your own admission they are shipping the parts with no questions asked. To me right there, by not asking questions, is them doing right. How often do they probably get taken advantage of because of this? I know, it doesn't help your situation or your view of it but as far as I'm concerned they handled it like the company I know them to be. Forget the swag or next day delivery.
    if it wasn't a priority for the press to be assembled asap why should it be their priority now to get parts to you next day?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    But they didn't let you down! You're upset they made a mistake and aren't handling it based on what you want the timeline to be?? Am I getting this correct? We are so use to people bending over backwards for us that it seems when things aren't handled how we want them then they are in the wrong?
    By your own admission they are shipping the parts with no questions asked. To me right there, by not asking questions, is them doing right. How often do they probably get taken advantage of because of this? I know, it doesn't help your situation or your view of it but as far as I'm concerned they handled it like the company I know them to be. Forget the swag or next day delivery.
    if it wasn't a priority for the press to be assembled asap why should it be their priority now to get parts to you next day?

Not sure how you get to decide if they let me down or not :dunno:

I'm a sales Manager for an $80 million Dollar Company, so I kind know what customer service is about. Taking care of a customer and correcting a mistake to make them whole is not bending over backwards, but you believe as you wish.

They didn't question whether or not I was shorted parts because it happens often enough that in the first part of the assembly instructions, it states to contact them if parts are missing.

An apology for not putting a rather large box in the press kit is the biggest downfall in the whole scheme of things. The swag was for my buddy that went from Hornady to Dillon and had the $1,600 investment. I don't give free advertisement in my apparel.
    My Range bag from Midway has the Midway Logo embroidery colored in with a sharpie.

Did you forget to read the part where I had been traveling for two weeks straight for my job and was on vacation this week to dedicate time to get the machine up and running? Maybe you have thumb twiddling time on your hands but I don't, my time is important to me, even more than money.

People that accept poor customer service is where the problem originates from.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Meh...while an inconvenience, I wouldn't call this bad customer service.
    Most outfits would have demanded some kind of proof that you hadn't received the missing items before resolving the issue, whereas here they started the process when you told them about it.
    They didn't offer up some doohickeys?
    BFD
    Betcha if you have anything break on the press in the future, even if you or your friend broke it through misuse, they'll replace the part no questions asked.
    That's why both Big Blue and Big Green are so highly regarded and have successive generations of loyal customers.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    You're just mad they're not kissing the proverbial butt in your case, get over it. Combine that with the type of job you have and it's easy to see why it's more upsetting. The parts are on their way. No swag, no nda, no apology. Adjust your spending habits with Dillon according to your experience. Based on your explanation of the facts I'm all good with Dillon.

OHOIAN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2014
    NE OHIO
    It was OK for it to wait until you finished traveling for work but it can’t wait until you return from vacation? Your reloading partner can’t do anything his/her self you must be there? If you displayed the attitude that you posted here when you called, it is little wonder they will not go out of their way you. But they are still sending the parts you were shorted. I am still fine with Dillon.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    It was OK for it to wait until you finished traveling for work but it can’t wait until you return from vacation? Your reloading partner can’t do anything his/her self you must be there? If you displayed the attitude that you posted here when you called, it is little wonder they will not go out of their way you. But they are still sending the parts you were shorted. I am still fine with Dillon.

Hate to say it, but your biggest gripe seems to be that the CS person you talked to wasn't falling all over themselves to make you happy. I mean, you called them, told them you didn't get a portion of your order, and they immediately agreed to send it out to you. You want them to go the extra mile, but don't seem to grasp that they already did. Even your threat to go on a public forum (a sub-forum with FAR LESS THAN 30,000 viewers!) to talk down their company was petty. They're doing right by you, but you somehow feel you were wronged. I'd think long and hard about what your response would be to a customer who claims they didn't get part of an order and demands you not only send it to them, over-night, but also throw in some "swag". Aren't those the kind of customers that drive you crazy?

Sounds to me like you may have caught someone having a bad day at work...and maybe you weren't having such a great day, either. :)

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I guess it's typical INGO fashion that even though some people posting were not there with me on the phone with the CS rep you want to make assumptions even though you don't know me. That's cool with me, I shouldn't have expected anything else and don't need approval for how I feel.

I believe in Dillon products and will continue to use them, but they fell short on meeting MY expectations to fix a problem they created.

Did they take care of their mistake?
    Why yes they did, but not like I would have handled it.
    I have a right to an opinion just like some of you, even if you're wrong :whistle:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Hate to say it, but your biggest gripe seems to be that the CS person you talked to wasn't falling all over themselves to make you happy. I mean, you called them, told them you didn't get a portion of your order, and they immediately agreed to send it out to you. You want them to go the extra mile, but don't seem to grasp that they already did. Even your threat to go on a public forum (a sub-forum with FAR LESS THAN 30,000 viewers!) to talk down their company was petty. They're doing right by you, but you somehow feel you were wronged. I'd think long and hard about what your response would be to a customer who claims they didn't get part of an order and demands you not only send it to them, over-night, but also throw in some "swag". Aren't those the kind of customers that drive you crazy?

Sounds to me like you may have caught someone having a bad day at work...and maybe you weren't having such a great day, either. :)

I wasn't asking anybody to fall all over themselves.
    The phrase going the extra mile is used very loosely in society.
    Do you know where the phrase originated from? It means way more than most know. I'm not trying to be disrespectful broom just curious if you know the true meaning.

A lot gets lost in posting message instead of actually talking with one another.

My tone with the Dillon CS Rep was very professional, not rude or harsh in any way.
    I didn't even say listen pal I'm gonna leave bad vibes for you on INGO.

What I said was I had hoped to be able to brag on them about how they took care of the problem but would be posting what actually happened. I don't consider that a threat.

Building a good business is about providing a quality product, and great customer service.
    Great customer service builds great relationships.

No need to think long and hard about how to service a customer that got shorted an order or sent defected material. I'm the face and voice that has to make my customers whole when production or shipping make a mistake. It is actually a fun part of my job to correct a problem. Correcting problems is when a company can show strengths or weaknesses.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom