• ...and so much more!
  • natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Hey all,

I'm in a pickle. A serious match got moved up a whole week, and I am hosed.

I need to resize and reseat about 60 casings due to a serious die issue that I have now solved.

I do not have a bullet puller, and I need to either borrow or buy one within the central Indiana area ASAP. Monday?

Need: collet puller and 0.224" collet. Prefer Hornady, as it is to be used in a Forster press, but I could probably make an RCBS work. Maybe.

Thanks for any help,

-Nate

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I have an rcbs puller, but no 224 collet. You are welcome to use it. I'm in Noblesville by Cabelas where you could buy a 224 collet. Iirc they are like 12$.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    If you don't find it locally, order today with Amazon Prime and have them Tuesday. Cabela's shows the Hornady collet to be out of stock at Noblesville but shows limited stock on the RCBS.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Thanks guys!

I think the inertia puller would work, but I would probably break it before I got them all done.

Bocefus, it sounds like maybe I can't get the collet from Cabelas, if the website is correct.

Whereabouts are you, ****4brnz?

Is your puller an RCBS or a Hornady, or? On looking at it, I'm pretty sure ONLY the Hornady would work in a CoAx, but if it is the Hornady, I might be able to just borrow the die.

Thanks again all! I'll keep this updated.

-Nate

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Great things like this is what makes INGO great.

As an update, sht4brnz is a Real Dude.

Tool is slicker than snot, and solved my problem in about 45 minutes, including setting the press up on a 2x4 to clamp to the bench. In only a few bullets, I figured out how to almost completely avoid any tool marks...and on $0.35+ bullets, that's relevant.

To anybody reading, note that just a little spray lube, or other case lube, on the bearing surface of the bullet will allow it to come out of the collets more easily once pulled, but does not appreciably change the forced needed for the collet to grip the bullet.

I am extremely grateful to sht4brnz for being so generous and solving a problem for some dude on the internet he didn't really know, and also to bocefus for willing to do the same.

-Nate

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    As an update, sht4brnz is a Real Dude.

Tool is slicker than snot, and solved my problem in about 45 minutes, including setting the press up on a 2x4 to clamp to the bench. In only a few bullets, I figured out how to almost completely avoid any tool marks...and on $0.35+ bullets, that's relevant.

To anybody reading, note that just a little spray lube, or other case lube, on the bearing surface of the bullet will allow it to come out of the collets more easily once pulled, but does not appreciably change the forced needed for the collet to grip the bullet.

I am extremely grateful to sht4brnz for being so generous and solving a problem for some dude on the internet he didn't really know, and also to bocefus for willing to do the same.

-Nate

Just like glue said, this is what makes INGO, GREAT !!!!!

Top Bottom