• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    What do you guys use? I have heard that fluorescent lights can cause problems with digital scales. Is this true? I wanted to use fluorescent lighting but not if it will cause me issues. Let me know guys, currently trying to get the reloading room set up in the new house. Thank you everyone.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My eventual shop / reloading room (hahahahahahaha) won't have any kind of air conditioning or heating. I'll be putting in LED so they'll work when it's cold back there.

And IF I'm ever able to actually have a reloading set-up - I'll be storing the volatile stuff in the conditioned portion of the house.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    ...snip...

And Im getting ready to buy one of these. For once an item that is reasonably priced. (would be closer for $50 to DIY)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JM8JZNI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2SM7HA647C4M2
    That is a pretty good deal Cameramonkey. I pieced my led press light up from stuff on hand and a led strip off of ebay. What you found has the whole ball of wax! Light, adapter, cord, switch, zip ties..... I know it sure makes a difference having those leds under there. You should post that link separately in Ammo and Reloading.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yep
    Go with LED and you'll totally sidestep the issues that fluorescent lighting causes with digital scales.
    You can even get a second goosneck type light with an LED to point down into your cases to verify powder levels, as I see lots of folks -- especially those with Dillon presses -- use.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    YES! LED all the way. I dont see a single reason to purchase anything but LED from this point forward. Except for the occasional specialty that requires an incandescent bulb.

And Im getting ready to buy one of these. For once an item that is reasonably priced. (would be closer for $50 to DIY)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JM8JZNI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2SM7HA647C4M2

To buy parts separately, yes. I have LEDs like those from past projects, wiring galore, and I always keep AC adapters so everything I needed was on-hand.

Basically I have 3-4 of those^ on the press, some LED under-counter lights under the cabinet, and some bright LED overhead strips in addition to the basic room overhead light.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    30 Pack 18W UL 4Ft Cool White 6000K LED T8 T10 Fluorescent Tube Light bulb G13 | eBay
    put in old fixtures with out ballast or get this and mount anywhere
    20x Plastic Fluorescent Light Socket Bulb Holder for T8 LED Bracket Lamp | eBay

they have just singles not the bulk pack. have a friend that got them for his machine shop and love them no ballast to go bad and the light is alot more. no cold starts. im sure i could put 30 of them to use. i have one of these in my garage and love it
    https://www.ruralking.com/4-led-shop-light-4500-lumens.html

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've used fluorescent shop lights for many years. I never had any trouble with my Dillon e-scale or my Lyman 1200 DPS III. That being said, it looks like LED's are the way to go now.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I spent half a day installing & direct wiring a fixture to 120v before I discovered they would have worked if I had just plugged them in without removing the ballasts lol. :ugh:
    so maybe check to see if a new 'fluorescent' fixture supports led tubes already when purchasing
    This was on a new fixture purchase. led's won't work with old traditional fluorescent fixtures. newer ones may.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom