• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I know this has been covered here before but I'm not very proficient at searching the site. I'm on quest to purchase a Dillon 650 reloader and would like recommendations for best price. I realize that I am not going to get a huge discount on a purchase price anywhere ( at least that is not my expectation) and I've decided folks selling a used Dillon are very few and far between so I'm going to bite the bullet ( no pun intended ) and purchase a new one.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I think I've heard the name Brian Enos as a possible source.

Again, thanks in advance.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Brian Enos no longer sells Dillon. I think he retired the site or started shooting more and didn't have the time. He refers people to a company called Krakenpop

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Bobcat Armament, hands down. Support the local guy. Kimball is a straight up guy, and will get you the best (local) deal. Great support, and lots of knowledge.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Bobcat Armament, hands down. Support the local guy. Kimball is a straight up guy, and will get you the best (local) deal. Great support, and lots of knowledge.

Not opposed to supporting the local guy -however, I live in Zionsville. By the time I drive to Shelbyville and back and pay the Governor's 7% extortion fee it will add another $75 assuming I spend $800 or more for the reloader and the case feeder. I will most likely get a few other accessories like the strong mount, the roller handle, and the low primer sensor. I already have the dies. I can't see spending $45 for a plastic tray to hold the bullets so I'm sure I'll pass on that.

If I could get within $15 to $20 then maybe.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Not opposed to supporting the local guy -however, I live in Zionsville. By the time I drive to Shelbyville and back and pay the Governor's 7% extortion fee it will add another $75 assuming I spend $800 or more for the reloader and the case feeder. I will most likely get a few other accessories like the strong mount, the roller handle, and the low primer sensor. I already have the dies. I can't see spending $45 for a plastic tray to hold the bullets so I'm sure I'll pass on that.

If I could get within $15 to $20 then maybe.
    The tray is aluminum. :)

Kimball will bring orders to Friday Night Steel at MCFG. I've picked up stuff there a few times as Shelbyville is pretty far out of my way as well.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'd purchase from Dillon. While I do like supporting local gun shops, I would rather pay shipping than sales tax.

Both are still a fee. I can see not wanting to pay both.

I would buy local if possible. My first machine was purchased local but the guy selling them in South Bend no longer is an option.

My last one was from Dillon direct. It was missing the accessory kit and couldn't be put together without it.

Dillon did send me the parts about a week later.

Bobcat keeps those parts in stock and would have been just a short trip away for most.

With Bobcat you get more than just price, you get someone who cares.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    You do realialize your required to pay sales tax on out of state purchases right. It's done on schedule 4 of the state tax form. 

View attachment 56642

Where did I say I wouldn't pay the sales tax ? 8^) Yeah, I'm certain that me and every other resident in the State of Indiana completes that form. All those same people are the ones who are claiming all the cash income they've received throughout the year on their regular and part time moonlighting jobs while I was working a job for 45 years where I received a W-2 and couldn't hide anything from the government. (Yes, that is a look of irony on my face.)

Re: the tray being aluminum - sorry, still not any where close to being $45 worth of value there !

Last edited:

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Enos used to be the place until he stopped selling. Now I'd order from Grafs since they have cheap flat rate shipping. Right now they have free shipping until June 21st. If Grafs don't have it, I just order straight from Dillon.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Where did I say I wouldn't pay the sales tax ? 8^) Yeah, I'm certain that me and every other resident in the State of Indiana completes that form. All those same people are the ones who are claiming all the cash income they've received throughout the year on their regular and part time moonlighting jobs while I was working a job for 45 years where I received a W-2 and couldn't hide anything from the government. (Yes, that is a look of irony on my face.)

Re: the tray being aluminum - sorry, still not any where close to being $45 worth of value there !

It sounds like you have or are getting a plan together. Don't forget to post pics once that press is up and running.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington

There's not paying taxes and then there's saying you aren't in a public forum.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    When I priced out mine 650, Dillon quoted me $25 for shipping for the whole package of press and case feeder.

Top Bottom