• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I go back and forth between SGammo and TargetSportsUSA. I check both as sometimes one will have ammo just a bit cheaper than the other. Most of the time they're both within a couple dollars of each other, at least for .22 and 9mm.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I get daily updates from SGAMMO.COM and use them or WM or RK, for bulk ammo on sale, I usually have my ammo to my door in three business days, never had a problem with them either.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I keep wondering just how low it can go. Or is this the low point, because they are reducing the preelection stockpile and once gone they will put prices back up.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    $.29 a round for 855? Pretty stellar deal there. Thanks for the heads up.

That's a great deal! I picked up 1000 rounds of Wolf Gold for 255 bucks shipped from Sportsman's Guide. It would have been even less, at 23 cents a round, if I had only ordered 500 rounds. (Weird discount had a maximum of $30 off, so it didn't save you as much if you bought 1000.)

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I go back and forth between SGammo and TargetSportsUSA. I check both as sometimes one will have ammo just a bit cheaper than the other. Most of the time they're both within a couple dollars of each other, at least for .22 and 9mm.

I do the same. Always been happy with either vendor. SG does have a presence over on Arfcom and the owner will join in conversations and answer any questions quickly.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I keep wondering just how low it can go. Or is this the low point, because they are reducing the pre-election stockpile and once gone they will put prices back up.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. You might see prices go a bit lower, but not a whole bunch. At lest IMHO.

As a behind the counter person, I can tell you that most of the deals out there right now on guns and ammo are big loss leaders. Companies are letting this inventory go at big losses with the hopes that accessories are purchased to compensate for the losses.

Based on my educated guess, the end of this year will be the lowest point for gun and ammo prices. Assuming nothing causes another buying panic and the market stays as it is this year.....then in 2018, prices will rise a little bit and stabilize.

What will be the most interesting is to see what companies will still be around by the summer of 2018. I don't think orders will pick up any until that point. That is another year of outrageously slow sales (at least compared to the last 8 years). I think it will drive a lot of the small companies into bankruptcy and we will probably see a lot of mergers in 2018 & 2019.

Top Bottom