• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Thanks for the link, I'm always looking for new sites to potentially find good deals. Any particular reason you don't like Midway USA for blems and factory seconds?

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Thanks for the link, I'm always looking for new sites to potentially find good deals. Any particular reason you don't like Midway USA for blems and factory seconds?

Yeah,no problem..
    I load/shoot very little plated bullets anymore since 80% of my handgun loads I powder coat paint cast lead.
    Day in and day out SPS has the best price and availability of Nosler blems/seconds.
    Nosler, IN MY OPINION, has the best quality, right there with Sierra, on accuracy, even with their "Blems"..

I DO like Hornady bullets, but FOR ME Nosler usually out shoots them..

This is a Ford vs Chevy Truck type of decision, so each to his OWN.....Bill

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Thanks for the link. I havn't had any issues with Midway blems. If you add a 'free shipping' item you can reduce the overall cost. We usually add a pair of Coghlins 12in1 scissors.
    Keep a pair in each vehicle and they make good gift at holiday time.

View attachment 56834

:ingo:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Yeah,no problem..
    I load/shoot very little plated bullets anymore since 80% of my handgun loads I powder coat paint cast lead.
    Day in and day out SPS has the best price and availability of Nosler blems/seconds.
    Nosler, IN MY OPINION, has the best quality, right there with Sierra, on accuracy, even with their "Blems"..

I DO like Hornady bullets, but FOR ME Nosler usually out shoots them..

This is a Ford vs Chevy Truck type of decision, so each to his OWN.....Bill

Thanks for the reply and that makes perfect sense. I don't think I have ever seen Nosler blems at Midway before and only rarely at Midsouth. Now I know where to look, thanks again. I definitely agree on Nosler vs. Hornady quality, though I don't use a lot of Nosler bullets. I use Hornady rifle bullets for target practice when I'm less concerned about having the highest quality bullet and much more concerned about having bullets in bulk at more economical prices, which is why the factory second bullets are appealing to me. I use Barnes for hunting in most of my rifles. I ordered a box of the blemished Berry's hybrid .45 acp bullets and I like them a lot better than the standard Berry's bullets.

Thanks for the link. I havn't had any issues with Midway blems. If you add a 'free shipping' item you can reduce the overall cost. We usually add a pair of Coghlins 12in1 scissors.
    Keep a pair in each vehicle and they make good gift at holiday time.

View attachment 56834

:ingo:

I have been very happy with most of the factory seconds and blems from Midway so far and I use the trick of adding an item with free shipping too!

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Free Shipping on TOTAL Order???

You guys are saying that if I add a $4.99 item (Like this pair of scissors) that list "Free Ship" on THAT item, then that my TOTAL order will have FREE SHIPPING??

I sure did not know that??

Thanks again..Bill.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    You guys are saying that if I add a $4.99 item (Like this pair of scissors) that list "Free Ship" on THAT item, then that my TOTAL order will have FREE SHIPPING??

Thanks again..Bill.

Not 100% free shipping but reduced. Put it in your cart and re-calc the shipping. You'll see... We use it to get those scissors and then use a soldering iron to date stamp the handle of the scissors. Its kind of a funny with my Sons and I. We have a few of those Coghlins...:) Trunk of the car, back of the truck, in your range bag, laying outside on a shooting bench, tackle box... You get the idea.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Not 100% free shipping but reduced. Put it in your cart and re-calc the shipping. You'll see... We use it to get those scissors and then use a soldering iron to date stamp the handle of the scissors. Its kind of a funny with my Sons and I. We have a few of those Coghlins...:) Trunk of the car, back of the truck, in your range bag, laying outside on a shooting bench, tackle box... You get the idea.

Thanks B+G..I'll try that on my next order..Bill.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Do you guys mic the blems? If I recall correctly Midway recommends it. I'm fairly new at reloading, and pretty cheap too, but the thought of checking the diameter of every bullet has kept me away.
    I make a goal of loading 200 per sitting

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Do you guys mic the blems? If I recall correctly Midway recommends it. I'm fairly new at reloading, and pretty cheap too, but the thought of checking the diameter of every bullet has kept me away.
    The blemishes I've typically seen have been tarnish on the copper jacket. Unless you see dings in some jackets--or if you mic a sample--I wouldn't worry about that.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The blemishes I've typically seen have been tarnish on the copper jacket. Unless you see dings in some jackets--or if you mic a sample--I wouldn't worry about that.
    I sort of figured that was the lawyers talking in the recommendation but didn't know the real world necessity for it. I might pick up a box or two and do a random sampling.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

At first I did on the rifle bullets but I quit doing so pretty quickly. All that I measured were either of correct size or slightly under and from reports I have read, other experiences have been the same. If you start low and work up with reliable data you shouldn't have any problem while working up loads and then you once you decide on a load you can mic them if you see fit. I would still be more inclined to weigh the bullets than measure them if I were at or near max loads but I usually don't load all the way to max with blems.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Thanks again..Bill.

As B&G said, it won't free but from my experience it is usually a pretty significant discount. Btw, do you have any experience with the Nosler E-tips? After perusing the link for SPS I ended up placing an order for a couple hundred 6.8, .308, and 338 E-tips to see how they perform in comparison to the Barnes TTSX bullets that I hunt with.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    As B&G said, it won't free but from my experience it is usually a pretty significant discount. Btw, do you have any experience with the Nosler E-tips? After perusing the link for SPS I ended up placing an order for a couple hundred 6.8, .308, and 338 E-tips to see how they perform in comparison to the Barnes TTSX bullets that I hunt with.

No experience with E-Tips but have had great results with 110gr Tac-Tx in 300BO. Amazingly accurate. Solid copper construction but also twice the price. My Son put his 8pt'r down last year with them (1 shot). Great petal expansion with little loss of material.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    At first I did on the rifle bullets but I quit doing so pretty quickly. All that I measured were either of correct size or slightly under and from reports I have read, other experiences have been the same. If you start low and work up with reliable data you shouldn't have any problem while working up loads and then you once you decide on a load you can mic them if you see fit. I would still be more inclined to weigh the bullets than measure them if I were at or near max loads but I usually don't load all the way to max with blems.
    My standard loads are well on the light side. I'm a fairly high volume pistol shooter and the reality is I'm more quantity than quality, if I do start loading rifle I think I'd be more particular

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    My standard loads are well on the light side. I'm a fairly high volume pistol shooter and the reality is I'm more quantity than quality, if I do start loading rifle I think I'd be more particular
    For what you're doing, you might consider plated bullets instead. I think they'd still be less expensive than blem's

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For what you're doing, you might consider plated bullets instead. I think they'd still be less expensive than blem's
    I generally run Berry's plated bullets in 9 and 45. Every once in a while I'll see them pop up for sale as blems, I've just never tried them. I'll give them a go next time I see them

Top Bottom