• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    There are two things that I hate about reloading, and I want to write a letter to President Trump to get this rectified as soon as possible.

1) .380 cases at the range
    2) Two sizes of .45 primers

These two issues are a travesty to our art and threaten the existence of our Nation as a whole.

Who's with me here?

What other issues do you have?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Not having a proper space and setting up everything then taking it all down.

I will be looking hard into this issue come winter. The old came mounted work bench might just be big enough. Who works on pc's anymore. Been only a few friends still mixing up parts and pieces anymore.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    OP, I have started using a 9mm factory plastic cartridge holder to find the .380's. Dump your 9/380 mix in a paperbox lid, put in your plastic tray from a 50 round retail box and take a handful of brass and dump/shake on top of the holder. Most will fall in primer side down. You can fill in the few blanks that dumping wont get. Then just sight over the top for the .380's. The 9x18 are a little trickier so watch for them. Here is a youtube vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpkUnUqMo8U

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    It's also a TON of fun when the hose that holds the old primers slips off of the bottom of your turret press while you're trying to empty it......

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Not good to know you were watching me last night! Had to get the vacuum out to pick up all the spent primers.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    It's also a TON of fun when the hose that holds the old primers slips off of the bottom of your turret press while you're trying to empty it......

Even more fun is turning over a Dillon primer tube full of primers only to discover the pin was not inserted. Crawl around on a cluttered floor trying to pick up 100 live primers, especially when they are intermingled with numerous spent primers!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Even more fun is turning over a Dillon primer tube full of primers only to discover the pin was not inserted. Crawl around on a cluttered floor trying to pick up 100 live primers, especially when they are intermingled with numerous spent primers!

Been there!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Got Wolf primers stuck in primer feed tubes. Now what was interesting was catching myself trying to poke them things out and realizing what I was doing was similar to tamping a muzzle loader full of primers.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    OP, I have started using a 9mm factory plastic cartridge holder to find the .380's. Dump your 9/380 mix in a paperbox lid, put in your plastic tray from a 50 round retail box and take a handful of brass and dump/shake on top of the holder. Most will fall in primer side down. You can fill in the few blanks that dumping wont get. Then just sight over the top for the .380's. The 9x18 are a little trickier so watch for them. Here is a youtube vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpkUnUqMo8U

These work very good. I also have the .380 aluminum tray sorter that I put in the 45 tray to get the .380 out of 9mm.

I can sort a five gallon bucket of mixed brass in less than an hour.

I think I paid around $40 for all four pieces.

I have sorted over 50,000 pieces of brass with mine and the still work just as good as new.

They have paid back the investment cost many times over.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/8...sorter-9mm-luger-40-s-and-w-45-acp-3-bowl-set

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Uh, when the hole in the target doesn't get any bigger and you can't tell where the bullet went.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The year before last, I dumped a whole RCBS tray of .45 Colt cases charged with 700-X that I had filled well away from the press to keep my powder dispenser and powder out of the humidity of the garage...on my kitchen floor.
    I was embarrassed and sad having to carefully sweep up all that powder and dispose of it safely.

Top Bottom