Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 97
  1. #81
    Grandmaster red_zr24x4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Walkerton
    Posts
    10,580
    I hate 1shot
    I've never stuck so many cases as i did using 1shot. I prefer the RCBS lube with the pad
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne

  2. #82
    Sharpshooter Doublehelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Westfield
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by rvb View Post
    i use one shot for pistol. I think it sucks for rifle...
    This is what I do as well. I have no experience using One Shot for rifle, but I have read enough horror stories that I have avoided it.

    I am surprised by how much I like it for pistol, even though it is considered "not necessary", it sure makes resizing a heck of a lot easier.
    James

    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte~

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

  3. #83
    Marksman Chewie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Martinsville
    Posts
    308
    Been using one shot for about 5 years (mol) and never had any issues with it of any kind. Used on 5.56, .308, and 30-06.
    No problems ever.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

  4. #84
    Grandmaster oldpink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Farmland
    Posts
    6,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Been using one shot for about 5 years (mol) and never had any issues with it of any kind. Used on 5.56, .308, and 30-06.
    No problems ever.
    As I said, I just ordered a can to evaluate for exclusive use with .30-06.
    I'll make an educated guess that much of the complaint with it and bottleneck cases could be related to not getting the cases with the proper 360 degree coverage, since it's a spray can that has to be directed around the full perimeter of the brass.
    It's much easier to ensure full coverage of the brass with the traditional pad and liquid lube method that so many others, myself included, have used for about a century now.
    I was thinking of trying the trick of spraying a bit of One Shot inside a large Ziploc bag, then dropping the brass in it and rolling it around in the bag to get a full coverage thin film on it.
    It should be interesting to see the results.

    Ah, here's a really good, detailed post at the top of this thread from a guy who's clearly very experienced with using One Shot, and he explains how to avoid the pitfalls that get complaints about it.
    Certainly woth a read, and I'll have this one bookmarked for when I process my first batch of brass - https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_42/305248_.html

  5. #85
    Armscor 38 special brass. It won't even fit in the shell holder. Has anyone else had this problem? Or is it just me?

    Also my bullet puller and crimped primers. I had to laugh about the furnace and the scales. I have to turn off the ceiling fan when using the scales.

    As far as sorting 9mm and .380 brass, It's easy. I sort on a TV tray while watching TV. I get excited when I find the short ones because I have way more 9mm brass compared to .380 brass. Maybe that's because I have 8 9mm pistols and only 3 .380 pistols counting my wifes P238

  6. #86
    Grandmaster oldpink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Farmland
    Posts
    6,522
    Quote Originally Posted by ru44mag View Post
    Armscor 38 special brass. It won't even fit in the shell holder. Has anyone else had this problem? Or is it just me?

    Also my bullet puller and crimped primers. I had to laugh about the furnace and the scales. I have to turn off the ceiling fan when using the scales.

    As far as sorting 9mm and .380 brass, It's easy. I sort on a TV tray while watching TV. I get excited when I find the short ones because I have way more 9mm brass compared to .380 brass. Maybe that's because I have 8 9mm pistols and only 3 .380 pistols counting my wifes P238
    I've been using a brass catcher designed for pistol shooting for several years, with good results.
    The one that I have is not in either of these links, but the linked catchers look much like it in function.
    It occasionally doesn't fully catch some of the brass, but as long as I have the catch bag adjusted the right way, it still greatly slows down the brass's trajectory, enough so that it lands only a couple of feet away.
    Yeah, it looks a bit funny the first time using it, but it's not really awkward once you have it positioned properly, and the other people can laugh, while you laugh at them crawling around all over the place looking for their brass.
    Akuna Brass Catcher - Catch Your Auto Pistol's Brass Shells As Shot - by Sherwood Akuna
    https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Models-.../dp/B00J4VIVCK

  7. #87
    I'm using a life time supply plastic bucket of lanolin picked up way long ago from a chemical supply warehouse in Pasadena, TX.
    Basic ingredient for black and smokeless bullet lube formulas, case lube, leather conditioner. Handy stuff to have around.
    The one thing great about urban cowboy country was that the concentration of chemical, refining, manufacturing, supply and support meant that most everything was right there on your way home. Well, that and food that doesn't taste like it was formulated for newborns. But I certainly do not miss the heat, the humidity, the scorpions, the mosquitoes, the copper heads, the rattlers, the coral snakes, the cotton mouths, the hogs tilling up the yard, people firing guns off in the air for fire works, floods and loosing power for days at a time, fighting back the jungle to maintain the cleared space around the house... did I mention the heat and humidity? I still get a smile thinking about people in Indiana asking me "What are you moving here for?" when they heard I left the glorious Gulf Coast.

  8. #88
    Grandmaster rvb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Posts
    5,226
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpink View Post
    It's much easier to ensure full coverage of the brass with the traditional pad and liquid lube method that so many others, myself included, have used for about a century now.
    I was thinking of trying the trick of spraying a bit of One Shot inside a large Ziploc bag, then dropping the brass in it and rolling it around in the bag to get a full coverage thin film on it.
    It should be interesting to see the results.
    This is what I do with the Dillon / lanolin lube I use on rifle brass. I avoid handling individual pieces of brass as much as process. batch steps anywhere I can.

    -rvb
    Ryan V. B. TY56060 Come shoot USPSA w Ft Wayne Area Practical Shooters: www.facebook.com/fwuspsa

  9. #89
    Expert Thegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpink View Post
    I just ordered a 10oz can to evaluate for .30-06.
    Don't forget to give the die a good coating too.
    Never mistake education for intelligence.

  10. #90
    Grandmaster oldpink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Farmland
    Posts
    6,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegeek View Post
    Don't forget to give the die a good coating too.
    Yep
    That's one of the recommended steps in the link I found and posted above.


Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •