Wichita Precision Tool reloading Swaging press-anyone familiar with them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    The press is made by Wichita Precision Tool and is a model RW-1. It is a hydraulic unit with a foot pedal control. The hydraulic pump is electrical and the press is a coax type with an adjustable height on the die. I'm guessing you need to adjust things so the ram bottoms (Tops?) out at the same place each time for whatever round you've set it up for. Since it says its a swaging press to I'm guessing you could use if for making bullets with Corbin or other dies?
    I've had the thing in a box for a few years and never really gotten around to digging it out and playing with it. The other presses have been working fine (ammomaster, rock chucker, dillon 650 and square deal B). Trying to figure out if its worth fooling with and while I sometimes think about making bullets I don't think I'll ever get around to it. Sure like to find some info.

Frank

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I did check that site prior to posting here. There was an old post on the reloading board with little in the way of info. I did email the new owner of the company which is still in business. He said the press was primarily intended for making bullets rather then reloading. Not a lot of other info though. Neat tool but other than maybe using it as a tracer press I can't see using it much.
    Thanks for the help
    Frank

Top Bottom