• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I was going to try some new boolits. Has anyone tried rmr? What did you think? Quite a bit cheaper then berry's. For clarification, it is just for outdoor target shooting out of 9mm and .380. Will continue to use cast for revolvers.

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I bought 2000 of the 9mm 115gr seconds a month or so back and they loaded nicely and shoot great. I think they were about 7 cent ea delivered and I like them better than the plated types. I weighed a bunch of them just out of curiosity and found weight varied about 1 tenth grain either way in 50 random bullets pulled from the box. Looks pretty good to me.

Frank

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I used their 9mm 147 Gr. RMR Hardcore Match Round Nose Plated bullets before I went to cast. I had good luck with them.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Let me just emphatically say that I love RMR. Jake (the owner) is super responsive, and they ship by 2-day priority mail FOR FREE. I place an order on Monday, and I have my bullets by Wednesday. He is a small business, a dad with several young kids, and I love supporting him.

He has been transitioning over to his own in-house jacketed bullets now as well in addition to the plated, cast and pulled seconds.

I have switched over 100% to his jacked bullets instead of anything plated.

9mm = 124 gr. FMJ - $82/1000 before discounts for *jacketed* bullets (not plated)
    9mm = 124 gr. JHP - These are my favorite, but he changed the name to "MPR" for "multi-purpose round". He just got some kind of OEM arrangement with these, and then changed the name to MPR instead of JHP ("jacketed hollow point"), but they are still the same bullets, and I absolutely *love* them. They are my favorite bullets at the moment, and they are only $99 for a 1,000 (with free shipping), but if you search around you can find coupons. I have a 10% coupon that he emailed to me (get on his mailing list, it is well worth it).
    .45 ACP = 230 gr. FMJ
    .45 ACP = 185 gr. SWC

I have been shooting his plated bullets for a while now, but since he has come out with his own in-house jacketed bullets, it is a no-brainer for me. At these prices, it is well worth it to "upgrade" to the jacketed bullets, especially with the great service and free shipping.

Try them once, you will never go back to Berry's or Xtreme.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    9mm- 115 RN plated 500pcs
    xtreme 39.60
    rnr 54.00
    really

I see he has his 115 gr. FMJ (jacketed, not plated) for $46.00 for 500, or $79.00 for 1,000. I will take jacketed any day over plated. Remember - COUPONS and FREE SHIPPING.

I also see that he has his 115 gr. plated RNs for $27.00 for 250 bullets, and I guess if you multiply by 2, you get $54, but normally you get better prices for larger quantities. I am not sure why he only lists the 250 quantity and sells them for more than the jacketed. Maybe he is trying to promote his jacketed over the plated? Maybe he is getting rid of the plated? Who knows.

Like I said, a really great guy to deal with. I have waited 2-3 weeks to get Xtreme bullets in the mail before, *and* I had to pay for the shipping.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I've bought pretty much everything except 9mm from RMR and have always been happy with the product and service. IMO, the plated bullets are better quality than competitors but as doublehelix pointed out there is little point to buying plated bullets when the jacketed bullets are that cheap.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Have bought lots of 9 mm there, previously plated but now FMJ. Good price, free shipping.

I also picked up some .223 as well, 55 gr. No complaints on that front either.

Check out NE Reloading as well. They have good prices, sometimes lower than RMR, and generally offer free shipping as well.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    :dunno: What happened to the RMR owner's post?

I was hoping he would chime in with some information... Maybe his post was deleted and considered "advertising"? Is that still considered advertising if we start a thread on our own and ask questions about a product? Not sure exactly how the rules work on this...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Can't beat the artwork that is supplied with your purchase. I also save an additional 5% every time I buy.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I been telling folks about RMR forever and most still went with extreme even after their blunders lol. RMR is a much better company with great pricing and customer service.

I am a convert. I was even able to snag the pulled ss109's for a good deal when they had them in the past. I'm glad to see them expanding a bit, but I just hope the prices stay as low as they are.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I am a convert. I was even able to snag the pulled ss109's for a good deal when they had them in the past. I'm glad to see them expanding a bit, but I just hope the prices stay as low as they are.

Great prices as you say, but even better service! I get my bullets 2 days after I order, pretty amazing! I love their jacketed bullets nowadays, but used their plated ones for a long time as well.

You really can't go wrong.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have heard good things about them although when I checked their website thought they were sky high on price. No one can beat xtreme on quality or price. Buy in bulk on cyber Monday sale price coupled with free shipping. Buy cheap and stack deep.

Top Bottom