• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nitro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2017
    Columbus
    I have been shooting for some time now at a privet local range. One big requirement is to pick up your brass and dispose of it….. Well needless to say I have a lot of brass cases ranging from .223/556, 9mm, 40cal, 45acp, 45colt, 44 mag. So my question is what do I do with it all? Are there any local places that will buy it? I am currently not interested in reloading. I do not have the room for it yet in life. I have seen some placed like Freedom Munitions will pay out on a brass program but it is expensive to ship it to them.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Pack them away until you can reload. I've several thousand 9mm waiting for me once we get a new house AND I can prioritize a reloading press in the budget. I've had them for a few years and will probably have them a few more.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've been saving much brass for YEARS and YEARS. Of all calibers that I can/do police from ranges that I frequent.

I don't yet reload, either...

In the past, I've sorted and sold the stuff that I KNEW I'd never reload (.45 and .40 and .357 Sig) that friends and family have shot.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The 45 Colt and 44 mag should be no problem to sell at all, if you're shooting these calibers much reloading will pay back fast.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Worst case scenario? Throw it away.
    Don't do that.
    Even if it is unsuitable for reloading, all scrap yards pay cash for brass.
    Ammunition brass is the good stuff.
    Collect it and sell it to a recycling business.

You'll get a better return selling it to someone who does reload.

Redleg11b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2017
    Goshen/Elkhart
    I have quite a bit of 9mm, 50 or so 45ACP, and a handful of .380 from range pick ups for which I do not reload. I have tumbled it all, but not decapped them. I have also given away about 300 similarly cleaned .40S&W to a co-worker. I am also sitting on 500-600 .223/5.56 cases that I may end up using down the road. Hang on to it for now unless room is at a premium. If that is the case, try a local mom and pop shop that does not sell reloading stuff and see if you can post something on their board or trade toward some ammo. There is always a way to put it to use, and you would probably be surprised how fast it may go if you put it out at your next garage sale. I turned cases from a 50 BMG into handles for my reloading chest, my cousin inlet casings around his basement bar top, and I have seen many other uses for brass to include table tops and jewelry.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    where do you get your ammo? Some of the online places will buy it and give you credit towards an order. Use the flat rate box and max the thing out.

I don't do this -- I keep all my brass as I will reload someday.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    If you think you'll ever reload, keep it. Doesn't take up too much space and doesn't go bad. I saved mine for years.:twocents:

Nitro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2017
    Columbus
    I have definitely though about keeping it but I do not like having stuff just sitting around. Even if it is not in the way. Call me weird. I have looked into shipping it to the online places but for time and shipping cost vs what they pay you I feel like you really do not get a whole lot back. I have also thought about selling it on here once I have put in my time of course. :ingo: I just wanted to see if any local place would buy it or trade it for some good ammo.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have been shooting for some time now at a privet local range. One big requirement is to pick up your brass and dispose of it….. Well needless to say I have a lot of brass cases ranging from .223/556, 9mm, 40cal, 45acp, 45colt, 44 mag. So my question is what do I do with it all? Are there any local places that will buy it? I am currently not interested in reloading. I do not have the room for it yet in life. I have seen some placed like Freedom Munitions will pay out on a brass program but it is expensive to ship it to them.

Bring it to me. :cool: We might even be members at the same range. I reload or know people that reload all of those cartridges. Except the .45 colt but I doubt you shoot much of that and if you do you will be reloading it soon enough. I would give scrap price so long as you aren't pawning off a bucket of steel or aluminum on me.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    We would be happy to either buy it off of you, or reload it back up at a discount....we have many options to offer here.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I sift out and sell any high dollar rifle or magnum pistol stuff. Then off to the yard it goes. Local place is currently paying $1.05lb for spent brass.

All that profit keeps me shooting for next to nothing.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Anybody who sells reloadable brass cases for scrap should be required to sell their guns in a government buyback program and have their LTCH revoked. Obama also scrapped reloadable brass. Right now it's tempting since clean, sorted brass is cheap compared to scrap prices (basically not worth the time to sort the stuff) but that is not the issue. There will come a time when reloadable brass will be hard to get. I remember the panic.

Top Bottom