• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Haven't reloaded for about 6 months and decided today would be a good day to pull the handle. I was almost out of my first 1lb bottle of Universal Clays so I retrieved another and opened it up, ready to pour in. Much to my surprise the new container of powder had a purplish tint and also a much stronger odor. Not sure what to do, I opened a third container and then also a 4lb jug. Both the 4lb and the second one had the same characteristics while the third and the original looked the same. Both of these had less odor and more of a grayish/brown color. Upon inspecting the bottles, it looks like the purplish ones were from '16 while the others were from '15.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Should I be worried about the different characteristics? I think I will load a couple and shoot those before I begin stockpiling.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I don't know about Universal Clays but Clays switched from manufacturing in Austrailia to Canada. The two different Clays does look different. But I would still call or email Hogdon.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I don't know about Universal Clays but Clays switched from manufacturing in Austrailia to Canada. The two different Clays does look different. But I would still call or email Hogdon.

Thanks, thats what I'll do first thing Tuesday if work isn't too busy. I would expect them to be the same just because the labeling didn't change at all.

Top Bottom