• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sfrye5853

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am preparing to start reloading for the M1 Garand. If I have my own fire formed brass, is it OK to just neck size or should I still do full length sizing? Really curious to hear from anyone with experience reloading for the Garand.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    In my experienc , being an autoloader, there is enough case stretch that full length is necessary.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    A) you must full size
    B) if memory serves me,M2 ball ammo is different then modern-day loads.....I have of guys braking parts using modern high power loads....if memory serves me

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    A)
    B) if memory serves me,M2 ball ammo is different then modern-day loads.....I have of guys braking parts using modern high power loads....if memory serves me

Port pressure is to high with commercial loads unless it say for the Garand.
    There's a list of powder suitable for the Garand for hand loading.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Hornady reloading book has very good load data strictly for the Garand, my National Match garands handle heavier loads but i only use the recommended loads for a standard garand

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    As mentioned, full size for M1 Garand. Go to the CMP forum, and/or garandgear.com for information relating to reloading for the Garand. Garandgear.com has a very good article regarding ammo to use in a M1 and the use of a ported gas plug. Using a ported plug is an option

ikendrick15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Evansville
    With a semi auto it’s nearly mandatory that it be full length resized each time due to case stretch. You maybe able to get away with neck sizing once or twice but it will eventually lock up the action due to failed extraction.

Top Bottom