• ...and so much more!
  • STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Gents, I am getting ready to build a reloading bench.
    Using SketchUp I came up with the following:
    View attachment MMS-Bench03.pdf
    The top is a Birch Butcher block from Menards and base is all Douglas Fir dimensional lumber.
    The grooves in the top are for the Peachtree heavy-duty T-Track. I will be using the quick change plates from Inline Fabrication.
    I also have a set (not shown) of the Rockler casters to add on.

I store most of my cases and reloads in cans.
    The shelves are spaced high enough to get three sizes of ammo cans (small on top shelf, medium on middle shelf, and large on the bottom shelf).

Any thoughts on what else to change/add/delete before I start measuring twice?

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Correct, those are the casters I bought.
    As for the weight, I think I would remove the cans with reloads prior to engaging the casters. The primary purpose of the casters is so I can move it around (no load) by myself.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just make sure you can sit close enough to the bench to operate the press comfortably , that your knees dont hit the shelving

This was the only thing I thought of. I like it. simple, effective, should be sturdy if your joinery is good.

I am going to do something similar but I have to narrow mine a bit due to space limitations. It should still work, I just won't have anything on the top back against the wall.

I like the T-Track. I think that is a great idea.

ikendrick15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Looks great, I’d only say make sure it has enough weight and depth to be stable when you actuate the press or have the ability to secure it in place. I like the design though.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Just make sure you can sit close enough to the bench to operate the press comfortably , that your knees don't hit the shelving

Yep, that's why the shelves do not extend to the front. The top two shelves are set back 11.5" from the front edge of the legs. Should be enough room.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Looks great, I’d only say make sure it has enough weight and depth to be stable when you actuate the press or have the ability to secure it in place. I like the design though.

I designed the shelves to hold ammo cans. Some will be filled with reloads and some filled with supplies. That coupled with the offset from the front (keeps the weight back) should keep it stable when I pull the handle. ;-)

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Bench looks good, but I would suggest some shelving over the top. You might already have that in your plans as free-standing shelves, but you can never have enough.

Top Bottom