• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, it looks like my favorite brass supplier (Star-Line) is not producing .35Remington brass.
    So, where can I find some?

I have a new Marlin 336C on the way and I'd like to load for it.
    Projectiles, powders, and primers are not an issue, but am I going to have to buy factory ammo just to get brass?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hit the Cast Boolits and Gunbroker web sites. I found a pile of it on GB 2 years ago for next to nothing, shooting it in in the Remington 8 with an RCBS cast 180 grain bullet.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Man I was at a store awhile back. Might have been Wally World. They couldn't give 35 Rem ammo away. Had several stacks dirt cheap.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think it's more popular elsewhere, you don't see many 35 REM guns here in Indiana.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I think it's more popular elsewhere, you don't see many 35 REM guns here in Indiana.

Which is a little odd, because if you trim .120" off the case and load it as you normally would, it's legal even on public lands.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Indiana has only recently allowed rifles for deer hunting and 35 Remington has been a popular hunting cartridge in rifles like the Model 8/81 and Marlin offerings in other states for a lot of years. I'm quite fond of the model 8.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    I have a mod 8 in 35. Stalked up on brass when I could. I have some short, but most long. Bought a bunch of reloads at the 1500 a while back. Academy has Hornady on the shelf loaded

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    To my knowledge only one company is presently making brass for the 35 Rem, Hornady and I bought a bunch. I say this because I searched every single source that popped up from a Goggle search over the last 6+ months and only Hornady brass has EVER been instock. I could have missed somebody, but I don't know how. A fellow over at Marlin owners .com was selling 35 Rem brass he makes from 303 brass, but those are the only two sources I have found for new brass for reloading. I have 3 reloadings and firings on my first 50 pieces of Hornady brass and had no issues and are 100% happy with it. No kidding I do a search for 35 Remington and 300 WSM brass at LEAST 1x a week and buy some every time I find it in stock.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I have made 35 Remington brass from 303 British. I have the tooling (cutter and collet) for the job, but no lathe. It makes very tough 35 Remington cases, although they have slightly reduced capacity.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The Model 81 was my .35.
    The scope was offset for a right hand shooter; irreconcilable differences.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    To my knowledge only one company is presently making brass for the 35 Rem, Hornady and I bought a bunch. I say this because I searched every single source that popped up from a Goggle search over the last 6+ months and only Hornady brass has EVER been instock. I could have missed somebody, but I don't know how. A fellow over at Marlin owners .com was selling 35 Rem brass he makes from 303 brass, but those are the only two sources I have found for new brass for reloading. I have 3 reloadings and firings on my first 50 pieces of Hornady brass and had no issues and are 100% happy with it. No kidding I do a search for 35 Remington and 300 WSM brass at LEAST 1x a week and buy some every time I find it in stock.

I have seen .35 Remington brass with a Remington headstamp, and I've also seen some marked Jamison.
    Nobody is selling it cheap.
    I may just buy a couple hundred factory rounds for the brass.
    I bought a box of Hornady LeverEvolution 200gr FTX and they shot very nice.
    Good grouping and right on point of aim.

If they act like the same bullet in .30-30 then this should be another fine deer gun.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I have seen .35 Remington brass with a Remington headstamp, and I've also seen some marked Jamison.

If they act like the same bullet in .30-30 then this should be another fine deer gun.

I harvested two deer in Michigan last fall, using the 35 caliber, 200gr FTX bullet. Performance was perfect on both. I think Hornady really did their homework on the FTX bullets, designing them to work very well at the modest velocities one typically sees from the older tube-fed cartridges.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I harvested two deer in Michigan last fall, using the 35 caliber, 200gr FTX bullet. Performance was perfect on both. I think Hornady really did their homework on the FTX bullets, designing them to work very well at the modest velocities one typically sees from the older tube-fed cartridges.

As usual, Broom you are spot on..IMO, Hornady does make the "Working Man's" Bullet..
    Great to see you back on here-have not seen many of your posts lately..Bill.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013

I have considered doing the same, but the average of $28-$30 for 20 rounds it makes better financial sense to buy Hornady brass which has been in stock with decent regularity.

Top Bottom