• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I would like to give a bullet seating die with a free floating seating plug a try for my 35 Remington reloads, but unfortunately my bullet seating die of choice Forester doesn't make one for 35 Remington nor does it seam does anyone else that uses a free floating plug EXCEPT Hornady. There is at least one custom die option but they are simply to costly as to be practical for such a comparatively short range hunting caliber.

So if anyone has first hand experience using Hornady's New Dimension Custom Grade bullet seating die would you please share with my your opinion of them in terms if you know they are capable of minimizing run out induced by mis-aligned bullet seating as that is the reason I wish to try a bullet seater with a free floating seating plug.

I presently own seating dies for my 35 Remington made by Lee (dead length BSD) and a standard RCBS BSD does anyone know if a Hornady CG/ND bullet seating die will reduce run out significantly enough VS my Lee Dead Length or my standard RCBS to be worth buying?

Thanks,
    Art.

Top Bottom