Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Plinker

Lyman Ultimate Reloading System

Iíbe been looking at starting to reload for several months. Iíve got one if the Lyman books and have been reading through it while I decide if this is something that I want to get into. Iím not needing high quantity reloading, the primary use will be for 10mm and 357s.

Looking around today, I found the Lyman Ultimate Reloading System. I was originally looking at the Lee kits, but this Lyman looks to be a more complete kit.

Lyman Ultimate Reloading System : Cabela's

Any thoughts from INGO on this kit?

That looks to be a really complete system. I thought the price seemed a bit high until I seen all the stuff that came with it. I am sure someone will be around soon that has one and can give more info.

Right off the bat I'd say it looks good.

Plinker
    I haven’t shopped around for pricing yet. Figured Cabela’s would be on the high side of pricing. It is more than I really wanted to spend, but there is a value in buying most of it at once if the components are worth it.

I guess part of my concern is that I’d buy it and then find out the Lyman T-Mag press isn’t worth the cost. Or the rest of parts included are all low end options that’ll die in 3 months.

I am willing to help in any way I can .....

I don't know everything, but I have been reloading

for about 30 years .....

I don't always check INGO, daily, but if and when you're ready, get hold of me .....
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

Donald J Trump, is MY President .....

You, can't HANDLE, the TRUTH !!!!!

YOU, want ME on THAT wall,

YOU NEED, ME on THAT wall .....

I have a TMag II. It works well if you don't want a progressive. That said, I wish I had a progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    I haven’t shopped around for pricing yet. Figured Cabela’s would be on the high side of pricing. It is more than I really wanted to spend, but there is a value in buying most of it at once if the components are worth it.

I guess part of my concern is that I’d buy it and then find out the Lyman T-Mag press isn’t worth the cost. Or the rest of parts included are all low end options that’ll die in 3 months.
    I have that tumbler in the setup and it's solid. A press is a press to a certain degree. I know RCBS and Lee are solid. I bought the Lee Breach Lock for the price. I really wanted the RCSB Rock Chucker. I have no regrets though. I have loaded ten's of thousand of rounds threw it. Lee and RCSB have awesome customer service. I imagine that Lyman does too.

I'd take SSGSAD up in his offer of help and info. If you can get some "hands on" experience, take it. I had a lot of help locally when I started reloading. It helped me a lot!

Hopefully someone with the Lyman will chime in with some experience.

Plinker
    SSGSAD - I’ll have lots of questions as I progress on this and any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Double T - Why is that you wish you had gone with a progressive?

My primary use will be 10mms and .357s and we will be looking at under 200rds a month for each. 9mm may get added in, but right now it’s so cheap it’s not a driving factor. If I added in 9mm at some point we would be in the 400rds/month range.

I just want to crank out us much ammo as possible. When I load for handguns, I'm not really loading for precision. I do like that I can slow down on this press, but I just wish I had a progressive for my handgun ammo needs. Have contemptated buying a cheap lee turret to do this faster

That price might be a little high but it is a complete set and all quality equipment. If you can get a mentor grab them.... I have both Dillon and RCBS single stage the single stage is the way to go to learn the trade. The progressive can come down the road. While a progressive is nice for volume loading there is a lot going on and hard for someone starting out to monitor all that is happening, The other down side to a progressive is the cost to load multiple calibers, The conversion kits and extra tool head add up fast. I been in theloading game for 30+ years and still using the second hand equipment I bought when I was in high school. Lyman is quaility so it is a lifetime purchase.

Plinker
    A little shopping around I've found the same kit listed @ $499. The cost is easier to handle when it's a one and done purchase. Other than the dies & components, is there anything else that should be bought that the kit doesn't have?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast