• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Can anyone recommend a good brass processing service? My son and I half filled a bucket with .223 brass shooting prairie dogs in the spring and I can't bring myself to pull the handle that many times to process it myself. Looking for a service that deprimes, sizes, and trims.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    And this is why we have a :popcorn: emoji!

I never knew you could send out brass to have it processed...what a concept! That would make my winter very boring.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe this is something worth looking at for down time extra bucks?

Do these services use specialty equipment or just similar labor as one would use doing it themselves? Ball park pricing?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bw
    Automated 1050s
    Mike and I will probably do it ourselves in the future
    Were just not set up for it yet

Interesting. My BIL bought a couple 1050's and a bunch of 223 brass on ebay with this intention. He talked a lot about the money to be made, but months later still trying to make the setup run.

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Products Page - Bullseye Processed BrassBullseye Processed Brass

This guy is near Clinton
    He processed some 40 for my brother and I . It turned out well

I will say that one should read complaints filed on above at the website of Indiana Better Business Bureau. I was a victim of this place and I will tell you I was told the individual had some major problems then and that is what caused all the complaints...with that said I hope he is doing well as we need this service if it proves to be reliable in the future. I do believe many problems and complaints could have been reduced with proper and timely communication.

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I will say that one should read complaints filed on above at the website of Indiana Better Business Bureau. I was a victim of this place and I will tell you I was told the individual had some major problems then and that is what caused all the complaints...with that said I hope he is doing well as we need this service if it proves to be reliable in the future. I do believe many problems and complaints could have been reduced with proper and timely communication.

They have an F rating with the Indiana BBB. Maybe they have got their act together?

Link.....https://www.bbb.org/indy/business-r...732/reviews-and-complaints?section=complaints

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Bw
    Automated 1050s
    Mike and I will probably do it ourselves in the future
    Were just not set up for it yet

Interesting. My BIL bought a couple 1050's and a bunch of 223 brass on ebay with this intention. He talked a lot about the money to be made, but months later still trying to make the setup run.

Yes
    Its finicky but once its dialed in the ammo just ****s out on the bench

It's pricey but not too bad to set up. Biggest pain I had was fiddling to get the sizing right with the mixed brass. Did about 15k in one weekend. I forget if I was running 1200 or 1500 rds an hour. Didn't really worry about speed as I would dump them in the case feeder and walk away.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    There was a thread a while back about folks sending their brass off to be processed and it didn't get done. Don't remember where he was. Somewhere in Indiana.

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    There was a thread a while back about folks sending their brass off to be processed and it didn't get done. Don't remember where he was. Somewhere in Indiana.

Back in 2015 and 2016, the address was in Terre Haute. The website looks the same as then except for a different contact city and name as of now. This does raise a lot of questions and concerns from the past.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    The brass he processed for.us was fine
    I dont.know anything about the other stuff
    This was the first time we needed this done and his location allowed us to drop off and pick up.
    Saved the shipping

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I took an order to process some brass for a guy, one time. My son is in college and was looking for a way to make some extra money. We processed right around 1,000 pieces of 223 (tumbled, sized, deprimed and swaged) for $40, IIRC.

It wasn't the easiest $40 my son ever made and inspired him to study even harder in school. :)

Top Bottom