Where to buy bulk ammunition for descent price.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Since getting range membership I am going through 200-300 rounds per trip. Not a problem with 22, I still have abut. My 9mm supply is lacking. I can get a 100 count pack from meijer for 19.99 and that is cheaper then the range prices of 12 for 50 rounds. Previously I’ve bought 350 round packs for 89 or something from academy but that is more then meijer when compared per round. Anyone got cheaper places? I alternate what I take to the range so it always isn’t my 9.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'd order by the case and it'll drive it down a bit more. You should be able to find it well under what you've been paying and that's with shipping. Plus some places you get free shipping on your first order, so I'd make it a big one.
    I would try some of the search engines out there for ammo and then look at cents per round. Some of them you can even have them factor in shipping with it, I go about it that way and also just watch for sales and buy then.

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Save your brass 1) it can be sold to recoup cost. In my area $1.05 per pound scrap value after high dollar stuff is sifted and sold on here. 2) So you can start loading yourself.

If I didn't do handloading I couldn't shoot. Right now 9mm is costing me about $3 per box along with my time.

Black Friday is the only time to buy. Deals coupled with free shipping. Buy cheap stack deep.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Thru the end of the year you can get a rebate on American Eagle ammo. Ends up being around $150 a case (9mm) after the mail in rebate. Search slickguns and you'll find a bunch of decent deals when buying in bulk

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    SGAmmo is my goto for inexpensive mail order. But if you want to buy a couple cases at once, maybe Bobcat is worth the trip? i find that his prices are on par with SGAmmo+shipping. But I think if you buy 2+cases at a time and drive over it will be cheaper.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Pistol Ammunition

A friend of mine bought a ton of this Rush Creek ammo and got a discount which made it $150/1,000. I bought a case from him to try out because at that price I couldn't pass it up. I only had 1 round out of that case that was bad. Their regular price after shipping is $169/1,000.

Another one my friends order from is Freedom Munitions. While it's more expensive than Rush Creek, you get boxes rather than all of your rounds in a bag... if that matters to you.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    My LGS just sold me 1000 rounds of Federal American Eagle for $220 out the door with a 25% rebate from Federal. That's $165....

I have had good luck with LuckyGunner.com. Same as above is $225 before shipping.

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    Check out Bite the Bullet. They sell 1000 rounds for about $150. And they send it in big totes. The shipping is pretty quick too. Although majority of the ammo they sell is remanufactured. I've not had any issues and I have bought multiple totes from them. Once in a while they will have a promo that when you buy 1000 rounds, they will throw in another 100 rounds.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    As stated above, TargetSportsUSA and SGammo are both good places for online. I would suggest using AmmoSeek.com and sort it to your exact specifications to turn up the best price. Just ask if you are hesitant about a certain seller beforehand. I have purchased from several places like MidwayUSA, Midsouth, Brownells, Cabelas, SelwayArmory, PSA, etc.

UNLOCKEM

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Natchez Shooter Supplies has free shipping on $99 purchase until midnight tonight. I have never purchased from them before. Has anyone used PPU PRVI Partizen brand ammo?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    TargetSportsUSA is my go to online store, particularly with their prime membership. 8% discount on ammo and every order ships free no matter the size.

Thank you for that information. I hadn't heard about that and will look into it... :yesway:

Just a clarification, but that's a ammo search engine, not an online vendor for bulk ammo. Good place to do research and look up sales, but I've gotten to the point where I generally just go with TargetSportsUSA or SGAmmo, unless I see a fantastic sale elsewhere.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Thank you for that information. I hadn't heard about that and will look into it... :yesway:

Just a clarification, but that's a ammo search engine, not an online vendor for bulk ammo. Good place to do research and look up sales, but I've gotten to the point where I generally just go with TargetSportsUSA or SGAmmo, unless I see a fantastic sale elsewhere.
    I'm aware. I have found a number of good deals at sites I had never heard of through that search. SGAmmo is a good place to get ammo, but it is far from always the cheapest.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

Welcome! There is a free “mystery” box they send once a year with it as well based on your purchases. Between the free shipping and the discount, I’ll have the membership paid off in roughly six small orders.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/t-ammoprime.aspx

Top Bottom