• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2016
    Howard County
    I reload in an unheated detached garage. My wife parks in this garage. Should I be concerned with temperature and winter moisture? Thanks in advance.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I reload in an unheated detached garage. My wife parks in this garage. Should I be concerned with temperature and winter moisture? Thanks in advance.

Same situation but I park in the garage. I haven't noticed any issues with my reloads. I put the powder back in the original containers when done for the "season" and make sure they are closed tight.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Probably better to have them in the toolbox rather than bring them back into the house. The condensation (cold garage to warm house) would be trapped inside the container with the primers.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I would think moisture would be a problem before temperature. Wouldn't hurt to put some desiccant in your toolbox. :twocents:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's fine. Worries about condensation are baseless. The primer compound can get wet and be dried back out and be the exact same. The compound is designed to get wet and dry out fine, because that's how it's handled in the factory during assembly of the primer. Loading primer cups with dry compound would be rather dangerous.

Powder, also fine.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Same deal at my old house. I stored dies, powder, and primers in the house. Warmed up the garage for a loading session. Only bring out what I'm going to load. Once ammo was loaded it goes back into the house. Also spray down press to prevent rust.

So glad those days are over.

Top Bottom