Meijer ammo deals! - Discounts plus coupons!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Was grabbing some stuff at Meijer, and like always I check the ammo cabinet for deals. Winchester 200rd 115gr 9mm was $39.99 a box. $5 off using the Meijer "Santa Bucks" coupon, and right now, another $5 off coupon for your next Meijer purchase. Essentially, $10 off.

It was tiered too. $100 in ammo get's you $25 off your next purchase and the "Santa Bucks" coupons are tiered as well. If you need some cartridges, now's a good time! They had quite a selection!

Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI
    So I have to register with their mPerks program first before I can get the Santa Bucks coupons?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I never even knew Meijer had ammo, it’s been a while since I’ve been to one, guess I’ll be visiting a Meijer’s soon.

What the new guy said. Geesh, I must have missed the INGO memo... Come on guys...:dunno:

Guess I've missed out too. The Southport & Emerson Meijer has never had (in my opinion) anything more than buckshot and some .30-06 game loads on the shelf.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I don't buy ammo at Meijers.
    They started scanning your DL at the register so you're smeared on the "I know who you are" list.
    Heck with that stuff. They can stick their ammo up their ammo cans.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I was just at the Greenwood Meijer and unfortunately they did not have the 200 round packs. There were plenty of 100 rounders in various calibers. I was going to buy $30 worth just to get the $5 off and the santa bucks, but an employee never showed up to unlock the cabinet. Waited for over 15 minutes with no luck.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    ... an employee never showed up to unlock the cabinet. Waited for over 15 minutes with no luck.

Just start banging on the glass and then spend a mintue trying to pry open the lock with your keys or pocket knife.

Someone will get over to you right quick.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    They started scanning your DL at the register so you're smeared on the "I know who you are" list.

When did Meijer start scanning DL? I've never had that happen, though it has probably been a couple of years since I've bought ammo at a Meijer store.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    When did Meijer start scanning DL? I've never had that happen, though it has probably been a couple of years since I've bought ammo at a Meijer store.

YESTERDAY I went to the Meijer at Southport Rd and 65 to grab some storage totes. As a typical gun person I checked out the ammo section. Lots of CI .22 LR, Winchester, and lots of 20ga buckshot. I picked up some 20 ga shells and when I rang them up at the self serv register the attendant asked for my DL and immediately scanned it.
    When I handed her my DL I just thought she'd check the date and hand it back. I was pissed when it scanned my DL and I saw my DL copied and put into the register.
    IT was too late to do anything about it. My info was taken.
    This is the way the gun grabbers begin. Full boat control.
    I understand there's an age limit to buy ammo.
    Liquor stores don't scan my license to buy booze. (I no longer drink).
    IMHO it's another step too far.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

its been a while. They do it to speed up the process. 2 seconds to scan vs 5-10+ to type it in. Plus the cashier could sell to a minor and key in a wrong date on purpose. If they scan its faster and more efficient and guaranteed the person is of age.

That didnt stop me from putting a black target paster square smack dab in the middle of my barcode to stop those shenanigans. It wont scan. But if a cop needs to they can peel it off easily. (I wont allow a cashier to peel it)

Sorry, I know they SAY they are only confirming the DOB, but who is to say they arent capturing the data for marketing/etc? When they scan it they can see everything that is on the front. More if you are a veteran. (those barcodes are double the size of mine) Do I think its nefarious, forming lists, etc? No. Do I trust them to just confirm what they NEED and not save anything? HELL NO! They may not today, but what is to stop them from starting tomorrow?

Ive had a few cashiers get cranky with me. "There goes my scanning average" is a common complaint. Plus when they type it in the system makes them type it twice. Ever see a cashier with fake nails try to use a touchscreen? :rolleyes: I so want to yell "dammit! Do your maths and just push the "buyer is over 40 button!"

Its a double edge sword for me. I like that they have beer up front for easy in/out beer run. But then the hassle of the scanning vs the walmart next door has the beer clear in the back so lots more walking but they only look at the front of the license. And the U scans are usually less busy at Meijer, and are more likely to accept cash than Walmart's, which seem to break and switch to "card only" mode frequently.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Santa Bucks is back on. I bought 3-200 round packs for right at $0.157 per round after the $8 bucks and $25 meijer bucks. I think its a pretty good deal if anyone is looking.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    YESTERDAY I went to the Meijer at Southport Rd and 65 to grab some storage totes. As a typical gun person I checked out the ammo section. Lots of CI .22 LR, Winchester, and lots of 20ga buckshot. I picked up some 20 ga shells and when I rang them up at the self serv register the attendant asked for my DL and immediately scanned it.
    When I handed her my DL I just thought she'd check the date and hand it back. I was pissed when it scanned my DL and I saw my DL copied and put into the register.
    IT was too late to do anything about it. My info was taken.
    This is the way the gun grabbers begin. Full boat control.
    I understand there's an age limit to buy ammo.
    Liquor stores don't scan my license to buy booze. (I no longer drink).
    IMHO it's another step too far.
    I called Meijer about this. The store manager assured me the data is not stored. They scan to ensure that the ID is valid (meaning real) and so cashiers don't have to do the math. I was also told I'm more than welcome to ask that my ID not be scanned. Who's to say the manger isn't misinformed either? Not a big deal to me. You do far more when buying the gun, right?

Top Bottom