• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    As mentioned in another post, fairly new to reloading and live in the Indy area.

Looking for others in the city or nearby who are reloading to learn from. Have only run into a few people who said they used to reload but don't now. I reload with a single stage RCBS, and an old MEC 600 Progressive for 9, 300 BLK, and 12 ga with good success so far. Cast my own buckshot and am interested in casting some projectiles for .300 and others but don't want to forge ahead without watching someone else do it right. Have several manuals and watch tons of videos.

Also looking to start loading .308 or other calibers and need good advice on headspacing/making loads more accurate. I realize this is a private affair for most of us, but I don't see any workshops available so any help appreciated.

Last edited:

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I would like to help you, but I've only reloaded about 2000 rounds the last couple years. I still consider myself a newb, and get in trouble for asking questions here. Like you I just read and vid watch. I do not cast. Mixed feelings on it. I ve reloaded for 9mm, .45 acp, 32-20, 44-40 and handful of 30-30. Best advice I can give you, start light with powder, check your charge, check it agin, then check and check again. Mistakes can be costly and painful.....at best. If you feel something is wrong just stop and check agin. Outside of that I try to buy the most versatile powders so I can spread it out over several calibers and use it fast. Start with a fluffy powder like trailboss so you know you can't double charge. I alone shoot my reloads though, if I were to make a mistake, I would hate to harm another. Start with a simple cartridge like .38 spl. I cut my teeth on 44-40, mangled many of them because it is not a forgiving cartridge. That being said, made .45 and 9mm seem easy.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Manuals manuals and more manuals. Read them. Read them again.
    NRA has reloading classes. Look into taking a class.
    Start with pistol rounds move into the rifle rounds.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Didn't Bobcat steel or someone else down that way offer classes?

And jmarriot is correct, get a bunch of manuals, when looking at a load compare 2 or more

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've only been doing it about two years. The biggest things that helped me were INGO and the manuals. I mostly do 9 but also .380 and .223.

Top Bottom